2021 Genesis GV80 2.5T AWD Prestige - Deal Check

I haven’t really looked option for option, but the MDX Advanced is pretty well equipped, so I figure between the base, Tech & Advanced, there’s probably some match up between MDX & GV80 that aligns close enough.

I’m almost 100% sure the Q7 isn’t fundamentally RWD and is built off the same platform as the Audi A4 (MLB Evo).

You’re correct, it’s an AWD platform. So it’s not really a FWD based one, nor RWD. But it’s level of sophistication is more on par with RWD. Note it is built around longitudinal engine orientation , etc.

Ask yourself if you’d rather have a 740i or GV80 four banger for the same price. You can do as good as possible on a specific vehicle and have a horrible deal.

Thank you everyone for taking out time and your replies. I understand that this isn’t a great one to go after. I’ll work with the dealer tomorrow to look at financing options or better yet, lease a different car. :upside_down_face:

1 Like

If he started his journey looking for a cross over then the answer is the GV80.

2 Likes

Ooops, forgot the V meant CUV. Guess I’ll have to choose a $950/mo CUV to make the same point.

“Oh, I see you’re looking at a [insert car type/segment here] for XXX a month? Pfft, I’d rather have this [insert completely different car segment here] for the same price.”

1 Like

Think you missed my point to choose something within the same segment. I admittedly got lost in Hyundai’s alphanumeric scheme.

I net $6K on my Pallissde limited after 10 months then just leased it again at an almost identical deal.

7 Likes

Now that’s a hack

4 Likes

Really, it’s the only way to justify leasing a Palisade

3 Likes

Yeah that, and it’s the best car for the price hands down.

2 Likes

Lucky! I have $4k in my Palisade Limited right now but cant find anyone to replicate my same monthly and DAS (with current program i need 12.5% off MSRP :expressionless:)

I’m assuming you mean in the category of fatty SUVs? (one that I don’t dabble in)

I can confirm that it makes a very poor 2 seat convertible.

4 Likes

well then…

2 Likes

You can buy a Q7 in FWD in Europe and China, don’t think you can in the US though.

Thank goodness. It really cheapens the brand to offer FWD variants. I think even the A4 dropped the FWD variant. Only base A3s or Q3s should be available in FWD, if even that. And only cause those two are actually built on a FWD platform (though MQB is a pretty sophisticated one).

The FWD variants of MLB platform Audis are dumb. The platform is purpose built as an AWD one, similar to a RWD one, but with the whole setup shoved forward a bit to allow a direct drive shaft from the transmission to the front drive wheels. RWD platforms use an ‘auxiliary’ driveshaft of sorts to power the front wheels. Same for the rear driven wheels for FWD platforms.

The FWD MLBs effectively disconnect the main driveshaft going to the rear wheels.

Damn it, I haven’t considered this as an argument in the Pallisade thread! Oh well, next time :slight_smile: