2021 G63 AMG Lemon Buyback. Would you do it?

Ca

Found a G 63 AMG 2021 lemon buyback back dealer* fixed issue dealer stating due to Covid parts were not accessible engine harness complete change. If deciding to go with the car …sticker price no markup…what should I look out for what are some tactics also how much can I really play with this price?

2 Likes

Branded title?

No chance unless it’s a massive discount to offset the insane depreciation it will have.

Hard pass

7 Likes

Yea branded tittle… thought if life gives you lemons I should try squeezing but maybe I should run

1 Like

I doubt you could even insure it unless you self-insured

3 Likes

I don’t really understand the analogy in this scenario

I wouldnt touch the car

So it’s a used car, that they were forced to buy back due to serious and persistent issues (electrical?), and they are offering it to you at the original MSRP when new!?!? You ever take a car in for a warranty issue and they say it’s fixed and it turns out it really isn’t? Do you really want to potentially start at that point given the cost and complexity of the vehicle in question? Plus, even if it is actually fixed, it is forever branded. Seems crazy to even entertain the idea.

2 Likes

The only person who should is a Mercedes Master Mechanic, for their own personal use, that they plan to drive into the ground. At a significant discount.

13 Likes

This dealer is fishing. Anybody with half a brain will know not to touch that car at MSRP even in this market.

2 Likes

Not only starting there, but without a warranty.

2 Likes

What Could Go Wrong John Krasinski GIF by The Animal Crackers Movie

8 Likes

Woah, double nope then! My only lemon law experience is losing a lemon case because a clunking differential wasn’t deemed a big enough issue to warrant it. If a lemon buyback means no warranty, no way!

2 Likes

There are only six states that require some kind of warranty for a car sold as-is: CA is not one of them.

1 Like

What dealer is it? Is it the Blue one in California?

Never, ever trust a dealer’s lemon explanation.

8 Likes

“A little old lady rode along with the tow truck after chuch, every Sunday”

7 Likes

Yea Oxnard claims still has warranty four years manufacturer

Claims warranty 4 years manufacturer

Golden Girls Lol GIF by HULU

1 Like

Yeah that’s true, but it’s gonna be a PITIA for you every step of the way. If you want it at MSRP, do whate everyone else does. Order at like MB Pensacola or somewhere that does MSRP deals, wait your 3 years in line, and if we’re in a recession - flip it or pass.

1 Like

I live in Oxnard and I wouldn’t buy anything from these shady Oxnard dealers :rofl::rofl::rofl:

$240k
8k miles
Lemon title
And they want msrp

The sad thing they’ll have a sucker paying for this