2021 Chevrolet Camaro LT1

Unintentionally snowy offramp is the worst snowy offramp

2 Likes

This is a disaster waiting to happen.

1 Like

Uhh imagine handing one to me :grin:.

I mean I’ve driven high HP RWD cars, but nothing with a V8 and a stick.

It’s a whole different world…high horsepower and sophisticated electrical systems helping you keep control, vs raw power in a RWD car without traction control.

Reason #23 I can’t have a camaro, besides my insurance agent murdering me, and currently my driveway is coated in black ice.

But

3 Likes

ahahahahaha

3 Likes

+1 on this ^

Pffft, that’s easy

Seriously though, if you never driven stick, +1 for having a friend with you who can during pick up. I drove stick when I was young, and after 25 years of auto, when I tried it again last summer, the puckering factor was high.

1 Like

Let us know if you need help. The new manuals are so smooth that even my 16 year old manages to drive it without stalling more than 5 times …

You’ve piqued my interest. I need to try a modern car with manual, not a soviet made 50 year old shitbox. Considering renting one out for a weeked from Turo or something like that.

4 Likes

Two sides to that answer…new manuals are much easier than than learning 20 years ago. However a broken in clutch is the easiest and most forgiving to learn on.

Learning to drive stick
In a 455 hp RWD manual
In winter
Post fresh snow
No snow tires

Recipe for ending up on the local news. Odds that he causes a wreck because he slid back on a hill at a red light and caused a multi car low speed pile up?

10 Likes

Hopefully there is like a WalMart parking lot right next to the dealer where he can get the car to, park it and come back to practice at night for the next month first.

4 Likes

Awesome! You’ll get the hang of it in a couple of days. Where in NYC? Do you garage the car or park on the street?

1 Like

You’re so much more optimistic than I am :slight_smile:

And in NYC!

Salesman: “Sir, thanks for your business and congrats on your new car”

Salesman 2hrs later: “Sir, we noticed you haven’t left yet, anything wrong?”

OP: why does it smell like burning rubber ? Mamma…

5 Likes

Great movie from my birth year.

2 Likes
3 Likes

That kid pissed me off in that movie. Or at least the way they made him so whiney.

1 Like