2021 BMW M3 - Deal Sheet Help

Hey guys,

I’m having noob calculator issues again. Can someone tell me what is off between this deal sheet and my calculator build?

One thing to notice, is I am looking to roll the tax into the monthly, vs paying it upfront (as the deal sheet assumes)

First, the total savings includes the $1500 rebate, which is taxed. You are also missing the acquisition fee. The dealer also has 7% sales tax and you have 7.75% in the calculator. And if I am nitpicking, your doc fee is 10 cents too low.

When you input the correct numbers for the selling price, acq fee, and rebate, I can get to the $4198 due with $918/mo. However, you should clarify the sales tax percentage and ask for a quote with just first month’s due at signing.

Sheesh. As much as I want one of these at some point, man they lease terribly.

2 Likes

How come your calculator is showing $1,405 cash down?

Edit* he just sent it back with tax spread out.

I went back and forth between cash buy and lease. Didnt feel like it made sense to tie up that much money.

Most likely I will be able to sell the vehicle at end of lease, and be in the money (should be worth ~$55k). I also like the flexibility to transfer out if need be. This is, I think, the highest discount I’ve seen on an m3 thus far.

Works out perfectly with the tax included in the lease at 7.75% tax.

You should try shopping around a bit more since you’re getting about a 5.5 percent discount off msrp. Some brokers are even offering up to 9 if I’m not mistaken.

Might be worth waiting a few months for the hype to die down?

I have not seen any brokers offering 9% off on a M3 (M4 yes, but seems to max out around 5-6% on a M3).

But prices on these are all over. Some dealers are at $10k over MSRP and then you have these deals.

2 Likes

I’m comfortable with this deal. It’s a build to my spec order, and the biggest discount I saw was 6% for a “potential” allocation. Going through a local CA I’ve worked with.

2 Likes

Yea I hear all that. I just have resigned myself to waiting until discounts are better (which I recognize could be quite some time away). What is your 1500 rebate comprised of?

1 Like

Loyalty ($500) and Dealership Specific “Spring for Speed” event ($1000)

They let you us an OL on a custom order?

Yeah he might want to double check on that. OL doesn’t apply to custom orders AFAIK. Going from Dravit Grey M340i to M3 - nice!

1 Like

I’ll check. The CA was the one who offered it. The way I look at it is either the OL works or they come down a bit more to make good on it. Will report back tho!

Exactly the route I took (with a detour in LT1 land :wink:

1 Like

From my experience CAs don’t necessarily know all the technical know how of what applies and what doesn’t. Regardless, they can only cover $500 of the OL because that’s their part of the $1k.

I read somewhere on here that client advisors who know what they’re doing are able to have the car ordered and delivered, remove the customer’s name from the car, wait a few days and “hide the keys” so that the car can’t be sold, then have the customer who ordered the car come back and buy/lease with an OL code since it’s no longer technically a custom order. Not sure how widespread this is.

2 Likes

We are at 7% on M3

This is the type of thing you don’t put in writing :slight_smile:

1 Like

Blame the guy who put it in writing first then :man_shrugging:, not sure how BMW would enforce that anyway.

3 Likes