2021 BMW 540 xDrive Fully loaded. 34 months left, $73k msrp, $828 per month + $5950 MSDs, 10k miles per year

, , ,

Year, Make, Model, and Trim: 2021 BMW 540 xDrive M sport

MSRP: $72,680
Monthly payment (after-tax): $828.98
Effective monthly payment (if incentive is provided): $828.98

Current mileage: 420
Maturity mileage: 30,100
Effective miles per month: 875
Maturity date: April 17, 2024

MSD due (if any): $5,950
Cash due (if any): $0
Incentive for new lessee (if any): Send me PM we can discuss

Financial institution: BMW Financials
Transfer fee: $500
Out-of-state transfer allowed (yes/no): yes

Vehicle condition (accidents, tire wear, etc.), options, and other details:
Perfect condition, just signed the lease

Alpine White exterior, Ivory Interior
Parking assistant plus
Driving assistant plus
M sport package
Premium package
Link to build: https://www.bmwusa.com/build-your-own.html#/studio/eg2psqlt/summary

Need to move to Canada due to work reasons and BMW is not allowing me to take the car with me. The car is fully loaded and great to drive. Love the car, but had to swap it out :frowning:

Photos:

1 Like

Damn, you literally just signed this last week .

Gorgeous car and GLWT !

Wow two week old lease, Large MSD and big payment.

There’s a guy that will surely come by and ask to you
Leave MSDs and ask for additional incentive to take over.

Good luck, terrible timing.

3 Likes

Thanks man. Really bad timing for me :frowning:

Thanks… bad timing :frowning:

What would happen if you take the car to Canada?

In most lease contracts you must notify the leaser of any address changes and not take the car out of the country for X period of time or something to that manner.

:chocolate_bar:

Yeah that’s what I read. Not sure about the consequences but definitely gonna hurt my credit pretty badly.

Technically, you can’t export something that doesn’t belong to you (BMWFS still holds title).

And for a BMW lease, here’s an excerpt:

OP’s lease agreement may vary a little (depends on state), but the language is usually pretty standard.

1 Like

Nice car! Nice build! GL

Did you check what carvana/vroom/carmax/shift would pay? If you got a big discount and incentives (doesn’t sound like it with that payment, though), it might work.

Def won’t on this car

I checked a 2021 530i 7 months into lease, and surprisingly vroom offer is at 500 over BMWFS payoff.

Wouldn’t hurt to check, even with a little negative equity- might be worth to pay to dump it.

The math on the payment and MSDs does not suggest he got a great discount and huge incentives, so he might be deep in the hole.

Yes but the contract doesn’t matter /s

:chocolate_bar:

4 Likes

Depending how deep you’re going into Canada, but if it’s a place like Vancouver or Toronto are you sure you can’t just drop by the US every 29 days or so :wink:

Pro tip- check the cost of leasing one of these in Canada. You will definitely consider what the above mentioned once you do

With respect to BMW’s contract he can certainly legally take the car to canada for as long as he wants. It would be a breach but it is not unlawful - this is often misunderstood by folks like you. The technical problem he has is that he would not be able to register it in Canada without bmw’s knowing about this and refusing same. He cannot leave it registered in the US because if there is a claim it the carrier would disclaim coverage unless he puts them on notice that it will be garaged at a canada address and they agree, which is doubtful. There are also canadian laws to consider that likely require registration in canada.

6 posts were merged into an existing topic: Off Topic Landfill 5

Please keep this on topic - Private Transfer. Off topic items can be continued via PM/DM

1 Like