Off Topic Landfill 5

My comment was very specifically for him, as there’s been an on-going discussion across multiple threads regarding negotiation strategies. Many of us recommend a strategy that consists of putting together a well researched offer and telling the dealer “here is my offer, if you accept I’ll be there in an hour to take delivery” rather than ask for quotes. The response here has always been “calling them and asking quotes works better and doesn’t waste time.” This is just another example of that not being the case, which is why I pointed it out.

Now, this is all predicated on putting together a well-researched target offer that’s appropriate for the given market conditions and an understanding that many dealers will not say yes. But rather than ask them where they want to start, which wastes your time, wastes the dealer’s time, makes you appear to be an uninformed consumer, and allows them set the baseline that you’re negotiating from, you control the conversation. And yes, if you’re target is aggressive, yet reasonable, it does basically reverse the entire conversation into them magically handing you the car for the price you want. And if it doesn’t, it allows you to move on to someone who will in the least amount of time and energy.

I agree with the approach of putting together a reasonable offer and giving it to the dealer to see if they’ll accept it rather than asking them for a quote. The latter has never worked out well. The former, on the other hand, has always worked (at least in my experience). More recently, I’ve simplified the approach by offering my desired term, DAS, and monthly payment inclusive of taxes (versus getting into details about % off and MF). And yes, this is all predicated on making a well-informed and researched offer and not an unreasonable one out of a rabbit hat. I’ve found that by offering dealers simple figures that you know are attainable in light of other comps on LH, the dealers are much more willing to make it work because it makes them feel like they are in control of the deal.

I think there are arguments to be had between breaking things down vs just offering monthy/das, but ultimately it’s the same basic approach. It’s all about maximizing your value to the dealer (being the quickest, easiest, lowest effort sale they could possibly have) while keeping control of the conversation.

But alas, I’ve successfully derailed the thread. Back to Accords.

1 Like

Hi,
sorry, wrong post

Where are you located? What discount did you get?

Thanks for bumping my posts letting folks on the forum know that if brokers like you or salespeople lie to you, you do have recourse and you will be able to find representation because of the fee shifting provisions in the statutes. Your passive aggressive sarcasm highlights your attitude towards lying. I would suggest users use your services to price their own deals outside of you :kissing_heart:

So sue me. Try it. Here is what I have seen play out on the forum. Brokers and some long time users make false and misleading statements with respect to contract and consumer fraud laws. When they are called out on it they band together and attack. That’s fine and expected because I have given users knowledge that they can use against you. Again, you have proved my point. You misunderstood my advice. I never said he should take it to canada. I was specifically referring to whether it was lawful from a contact standpoint. This is specifically the issue that you and others dont grasp. I guess when BWM says you may not allow anyone other than your spouse to drive the car, you have no problem not disclosing this to the buyer but when the buyer wants to breach in any other many you go ape shit. This is why you are a car salesman :grinning:

What part of my first sentence did you not understand.
With respect to BMW’s contract he can certainly legally take the car to canada for as long as he wants.”
I then went on to say,“The technical problem he has is that he would not be able to register it in Canada without bmw’s knowing about this and refusing same. He cannot leave it registered in the US because if there is a claim it the carrier would disclaim coverage unless he puts them on notice that it will be garaged at a canada address and they agree, which is doubtful. There are also canadian laws to consider that likely require registration in canada.”

Please dont play victim after your snide attacks. I guess you can dish but cant take it.

I Sent an email

I sent a PM early this morning.

Email sent

Hey I sent an email regarding a Q7 45 prem+. Please check.

sent you an email

I sent an email regarding an A6 and Q7.

Thank you.

I sent an email regarding an etron and Q7
Thanks!!!

Send you an email for a Q8.

sent for s3/s4

Sent an email for a Q5 P+.

Email sent about SQ5

Email sent for Q7 P+