2021 Audi RS5 CRAZY HIGH Lease Offer

Audi RS cars simply do not lease well. On certain RS models you can often get pretty good discounts on a purchase and so a purchase/finance is your best option. Resale value tends to be pretty good.

1 Like

Having worked for Audi (corporate) i can guarantee you you might get a bit better than that but not much. Audi sees their RS vehicle as you either want it ( can afford it ) or not and if you cant too bad, they arenā€™t trying to have one in every corner

2 Likes

trying to think through this.

i think the dealer said they were financing at 2.49%.

if msrp is 87k, i put 10k down and do a loan of 77k, the monthly payment would be $1206/month for a 72 month loan.

i usually get rid of my cars every 3 years, so if i pay 3 years into the loan, i would still owe $33,584. so to essentially make it the ā€œsameā€ as the out of pocket for a lease, i would just have to hope i could get 43k for the car at least after 3 years to ensure the loan is paid off and make up for the down payment of 10k? is that reasonable?

or put 0 down, not a huge difference

Before making any assumptions, why not get finance numbers from the dealer. Your focus should be on the pre-incentive discount off MSRP.

EDIT: If I were in your shoes, I would reach out to as many dealers that had one in stock.

Honestly if you can afford it, I would lease.

I donā€™t know what the market is going to be for this in 3 years in terms of depreciation, but I canā€™t imagine itā€™ll be great. Over on the Audi RS7 forums, someone posted a professional evaluator said their car lost 35% value in 1 year.

The RS5 has never really leased well, but seeing some of the older threads with quotes of $1600+, I guess this is a pretty good relative deal.

1 Like

There is also around $3k first year property tax.

@Rachel_Boyell - I just did a search for used RS5ā€™s on CarGurus. Even after 2 years, they ā€œseemā€ to hold their value in the resale market. However, no one can predict what your car will be worth in 2 or 3 years.

At the $1200+ a month price point, there are quite a few options; unless you are married to the RS5.

At the end of the day, you will be driving the car. So go with what will make you happy.

If you find a loaner Iā€™m sure you can get close to your butt in a weir leather seat.

not totally sold on it, but had a lot of what i was looking for. was looking at this, the jag f type r dynamic and the porsche gts 4.0.

porsche was more than i wanted to spend but just liked the idea of getting a porsche. but it was a factory order and wouldnā€™t be ready until April timeframe and honestly, iā€™m not a huge ā€œcarā€ girl and the missing interior tech was a letdown.

love the jag but that would also have to be a factory order and the hypothetical lease terms the dealer was offering vs. edmunds sucked. i was also worried they would screw me once it came in.

long story short, not sure what i want but i liked that this one was specked out exactly the way i would have done it.

1 Like

ideally wanted to keep my monthly ~1k

1 Like

I hate to be ā€œthat guyā€ but it is going to be a tall order for this car. Have you considered a BMW M8? Check out some of the broker deals in the ā€œMarketplaceā€.

:point_up_2: If you can afford to splurge, then do what will make you happy.

Can always try to see if an M4 or M4 CS lease transfer works. There were some killer sub $800 deals and in some cases people are willing to pass those deals along.

You should test drive a bunch of cars for comparisons, nobody here can tell you exactly a car will feel from your perspective, some say the x3m comp suspension is harsh but itā€™s nice and firm imo, some say 450+ horsepower to the rear wheels is too much but I was pushing close to double that and still wanted more out of the car, some people are tech crazy, audiophiles, want photogenic interiors, etc etc

For what itā€™s worth the rs5 is not worth $1200/mo imo, much better cars out there, the m8 is an animal imo and looks a heck of a lot sharper. Other options maybe an m4 cs? C63 amg is solid too, I would say best bang for buck would go to the m8 though, but thatā€™s my opinion.

3 Likes

Have an M8 now and can confirm it is probably a better buy all around than an rs5 for the price. I caught a base model for 1125/m with just the taxes down. got it about 20% off. Unfortunately My only issue is if Iā€™m not tracking it Iā€™m not sure if iā€™ll keep the car. Not sure if any of these vehicles are actually worth the price for normal everyday driving just to go fast. BUT thatā€™s a conversation for another day

Sorry to reignite an old thread. I am actually in the same boat right now. Looking into getting a 2021 RS5, mainly looking at the Ascari Launch Edition. I test drove the RS5 along with a Cayman GTS 4.0 The handling on the GTS is incredible, but the RS5 was definitely a lot more car for the money. Cayman seemed to lack power and the interior was underwhelming. Iā€™m leaning towards the RS5, the only issue is Iā€™m getting rid of a 2019 S5 about 14 months into the lease. Dealership is adding $2-300 to the monthly price because Iā€™m terminating a lease early. They also are not willing to negotiate much on the Ascari Launch Edition as it is a limited package. I will post a photo of the quote I received, though it seems very high. I do hear what people are saying about the M8, but one of the things I love about Audis is their ability to push the limits on wet roads when equipped with decent tires. I live in Florida and love being able to the maintain speed in the rain on I95. To be fair, Iā€™ve never driven a higher end BMW and itā€™s possible that they have the same ability.

I donā€™t know much about Audi programs aside from the fact that they arenā€™t great, but you are rolling $7k of negative equity into a car that doesnā€™t lease well to begin with.

4 Likes

Love the Ascari edition.

I dont pretend to be an expert on this by any means but I can at least share with you my experience and hope it helps.

I ended up purchasing the 2021 nardo grey rs5 in the black optic launch edition. Msrp was 89k.

After shopping around for over a month, the cheapest lease deal i could get with no money down and 10k/year was $1300.

When I ran the numbers, and with the interest rate they were offering, it just turned out it was better for me to buy. I put 10k down and my monthly payment is around 1150. The money factor on their leases are abysmal.

The dealers said the same thing to me when I went looking for a deal - that these are some ā€œexclusiveā€ car and audi rarely discounts them because theyā€™re so rare. It was a bit annoying. Love my car but its no 150k car. Two dealers actually jacked up the msrp by 10k!

At the end of the day, I had two dealers offer $2500 off msrp. Not great, but it made me feel better ha.

Good luck with your search.

1 Like

The Ascari edition is a $20,000 option. I donā€™t recall off-hand if Audi sets residuals by trim, but if they do, I would expect the Ascari nets a lower RV rate than even other RS5 trims. On top of that, it may have less lease cash and/or possibly worse money factor.

And then course thereā€™s the $7k in negative equity.

Out of curiosity, whatā€™s the payment on the S5?