2021 Audi RS5 CRAZY HIGH Lease Offer

fell in love with a 2021 audi RS5. sticker is 87k.

dealer told me with 3k down it would be a $1500/month payment for a lease with 10k miles/36m.

i am blown away. i know audi residuals are terrible, but i was looking at the jag f type r for 110k that leases for less than that and their residuals are just as bad.

i assumed $900/month would be a reasonable payment. am i way off base?

Yes. How did you come up with the $900 a month number? Audi RS cars are not great lease candidates.

6 Likes

Did you get the numbers from Edmunds, plug them into the calculator, and estimate an aggressive but doable pre-incentive % discount based on other RS deals/data points? That’s how you come up with a target deal. That deal you were given could be the going rate, or it could be selling at sticker+tons of adds+marked up MF

3 Likes

Yes, most likely. Gotta run the numbers on it to see, but RS models typically lease poorly.

If you got to $900/mo because you read about the 1% rule somewhere, forget you’ve ever heard of it. It’s a poor metric of what something should lease for.

1 Like

thanks! i wasn’t using that rule. basing it on what i would assume would have been modest estimates:

56% residual
3.4% off msrp
0.0013 money factor

this is with extending lease to 42 months instead of 36.

Are these the actual current terms for a 42 month lease or just presumed ones?

I’m guessing the MF is MUCH higher.

1 Like

4k cap reduction? Why?

tbh, no real reason. was just trying to get the amount closer to what I was hoping to spend monthly and wouldn’t mind putting 3-5k down.

all your down payment disappears in the event the car is totaled.

Ask here for the program numbers if you need, the mods will give you the #s in your region for the term and miles (EDIT: I had no idea there was an RS5 specific forum)

3 Likes

“$975/month” is not the same as $975 + $5,635 DAS.

3 Likes

Before worrying about structuring down payments and such, let’s just focus on getting a baseline understanding of where the numbers could be.

2 Likes

There is an RS5 specific forum:

1 Like

posted in edmunds. thank you everyone!

1 Like

If we just quickly play with the numbers based on some previous postings on edmunds, it looks like RV/MF is somewhere around 60% and .0016 for 36/10 (this is subject to change by region).

Plugging that in to the calculator looks like a deal at MSRP would be somewhere around $1200-1300 with $5k DAS.

Also, keep in mind that lease taxes are pretty painful in VA with the tax on the entire vehicle price upfront AND annual property tax.

1 Like

I thought you invented the 1% metric? :thinking:

2 Likes

Where’s that ban button…

11 Likes

ok here are the numbers from edmunds:

.00167 and 60% for 36M

comes out to $1278 with my VA tax and NO money down.

is there any way i can negotiate this down? i know a 4% money factor is average, but with rates where they are can that go lower?

The MF is set by the bank. The dealer can mark it up, but you can’t go lower than buy rate (unless you use MSDs).

Make sure you have the correct tax selected (ignoring fees for the time being): leasehackr.com/calculator?make=Audi&miles=10000&msd=0&msrp=87000&sales_price=87000&months=36&mf=.00167&dp=0&dealer_fee=85&acq_fee=895&taxed_inc=0&untaxed_inc=0&rebate=0&resP=60&reg_fee=400&sales_tax=4.29&demo_mileage=0&memo=&salesPriceTax_radio=true

Even if money is no object, you will be paying about $46k over 3 years. Why not just finance it and resell in 3 years?

2 Likes

For a period of time, this was Aston Martin Vantage money. I wonder if it still is.

3 Likes