2021 Acura TLX Good Deal or Bad Deal?

Please let me know your thoughts on this deal. I think I’m going to go back and offer $42,000 for the selling price which would get my payment down to $384.

2021 Acura TLX SH-AWD with A-Spec Package and Technology Package
MSRP: $47,775
Selling Price: $44,022
Document Fee: $303.60
Capitalized Taxes: $1,359
Gross Cap Cost: $46,279.60
Conquest + Dealer Incentive Cash: $3,000
Adjusted Cap Cost: $43,279.60

Payment would be $446. I think I’m going to go back and offer $42,000 for the selling price which would get my payment down to $384.

On what data are you basing a 12% discount on a new model?

I doubt you are getting another $2K off but if you do I’ll take one too :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

We can do 12% :grinning:

3 Likes

Are u guys able to assist in SoCal area?

I have a friend in California that was able to get a 12% discount on a new model, but obviously I understand discounts will vary by dealership, region, and make/model. I figured from a negotiation standpoint I would counteroffer and see what they say.

I am looking at a 2021 TLX SH-AWD Tech
MSRP $45,025
Selling Price: $39,825
Rebates: $3000
Payment: $420 w/ $420 DAS inc NJ tax

I ended up getting the same car for $402 a month two weeks ago on long Island, it was the best price I was able to get from 6 dealers. I also asked for free oil changes since they wouldn’t budge on the price anymore.

How do you like the car? I’m interested but the major turn off for me is it seems pretty slow compared to the competition? Even the Accord 2.0T is much quicker.

I have no complaints so far, better than my 15 TLX. Only nitpick would be fuel economy, but it’s really not a big issue as well as the rear leg room is somewhat tight.

How much money are you putting up front? This is pretty close to the deal I got on the ILX with $500 down. I would much rather have a TLX!!!

I ended up passing on the deal. If I would have leased the only things due up front would have been the first month payment, document fees, title and registration. Good luck on your search!

2 Likes

Did you go with another car? What happened?

1 Like

I test drove a FWD advanced, because an AWD was not available. It was very noisy (not in a good way), slow and bulky (this thing is huge). Hard pass.

2 Likes

That’s sort of where I’m at, the Advance in particular has almost every feature you could want. But I’m some ways the Accord 2.0 is better, it just doesn’t lease great.

My head was also really close to the headliner - could not lower the seat any further. My A4 is much more enjoyable to drive however the design is getting stale and no factory remote start which is just stupid on audi’s part.

Yes, I ended up leasing an A4. The TLX looks great. However, I wasn’t a fan of how it drove. Again, I think it’s a great car and you get a lot for your money.

This is exactly why I passed on it too.

1 Like

I agree. The TLX doesn’t have wireless Apple carplay, whereas the Accord 2.0 Touring or Sport does I believe. I was surprised the TLX didn’t have it.

1 Like

Got you. I leased a 2018 A4 P+ 3 years ago. Car was nice and fun to drive, but I needed more space. This time around, I went with V6 A6 P+. It is also fun to drive.

2 Likes