2020 X3M Competition - Phytonic Blue on Sakhir - $899/mo - $0 DAS - Incentives Offered

, , , , ,

I shared it with the Bimmerpost community because I wanted others who had just gotten the car to be on the lookout for issues. As it turns out, BMW became aware of the issue and issued a bulletin for a number of cars for this issue. I wasn’t on there complaining that the car was a lemon or that it wasn’t fixed right or I didn’t have faith in the repairs. Simply a heads up to suggest that if anyone else also just took delivery, might want to watch out for this. If my motor blew and I had a new one put in, I’d mention that, but this is literally what amounts to a plastic cover and a gasket getting replaced. I’ve been on both sides too, and generally if it’s a lease that I don’t even own and the car is under warranty, I could care less what was fixed under warranty.

9 Likes

Yes, “care less” is the theme here.
You care less to properly inform the next buyer of this car and you care less about people on here pointing that out.

Hopefully, (for you) the next buyer cares less about your disclosure policy and a $900 payment on a $750 car?

You think a dealer would disclose a remedied issue? This is absurd he has no reason to talk about the service history of any car. If you care, all the records can be pulled from bmw with the vin. He didn’t swap comp parts, it was a fixed issue. Do your own DD on everything! The world is a dangerous place…how many farts were in the car?

6 Likes

Obviously it’s in the CarFax man…

1 Like

Lol, you’re funny.
The car had an issue. It got fixed under warranty.
It isn’t an issue anymore.
It wasn’t in an accident which could affect the cars value.

I have a X4MC which had a bad window motor, got replaced and things are great. I should disclose it if I decide to transfer the lease? Or anyone else that is transferring a lease is posting their service history? Because I don’t ever see service history with any transfers.

Unless it’s a lemon or and accident, salvage, damage, anything that can impact the value of the vehicle if someone decides to purchase it, it shouldn’t and doesn’t matter.

Also show me where you can get that same MSRP vehicle for $750 a month? With 12k miles, not 10k.
I’m not saying that it’s a great deal, as it isn’t at $899 a month but it isn’t a $750 a month payment vehicle and the deal isn’t terrible.

2 Likes

I think it’s a non-issue like I stated above but there’s a huge difference between a window motor going bad and a head cylinder cover leaking, one is an inconvenience the other will leak oil in your driveway/garage or could be a precursor to more serious issues such as cylinder replacement, engine rebuild, etc etc.

I thought the funny part was that somebody found him on bimmerpost lol.

2 Likes

Lol I actually just Googled Phytonic Blue Sakhir because I wanted to see the color combination! I would take this deal if it were only 12 months but too long for me. Sorry, didn’t mean to start anything- I was just noting the forum. Not insinuating you were hiding anything!

1 Like

I didn’t think you were. People on here love to stir shit.

If the car was in an accident. I would have disclosed it. This was a recall, fixed by BMW, and verified to be properly fixed twice now. I’m plenty OCD. I had the engine bay checked for oil when it went in for break in, and during it’s last oil change a week ago. I went in the shop and we took off the covers, looked all around, not a hint of oil anywhere. It’s fixed. It’s a great car. There’s nothing wrong with, and guess what, if something breaks in a month, it’s under warranty.

4 Likes

My OCD / grammar radar really wants to point out that the saying isn’t “I could care less” – it’s “I couldn’t care less.” But anyhow, good luck with the transfer! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Agreed theres lots of shit stirring - how is someone going to compare a BMW that leaked oil and was fixed to a car with gunshot holes? I’ve spoken to Scott many times in the past after almost taking over his F80, was always super upfront - meticulous owner.

More importantly this is a lease - it was fixed by BMW, is covered fully under warranty. There is no buyer beware here. God forbid you have to drive an 8 series for a week. If you think a manufacturers issue that required a basic repair is an issue, you haven’t seen the countless number of M cars that had entire engine rebuilds and are still ticking strong after 150K.

If I didn’t find the exact E90 M3 I was looking for I would’ve easily convinced myself to take this over. GLWS

1 Like

Because after being on the corvette forums, mb world (amg), both hellcat forums, the mclaren forums, etc etc never have I see these bizarre issues that have happened within a 8 month frame that bimmerpost/bimmerfest has produced. That’s how I can compare it to a car with bullet holes in it… the track record for being transparent isn’t there for M cars I guess.

Anyway you put it, this probably should have been disclosed, but it’s not a huge issue as it’s been resolved and under warranty but it’s also not a window motor going bad either like somebody compared it to. I don’t fault op for not disclosing it, I just thought it was funny how it came to light… by complete accident.

Also you are beating a dead horse, at least Smith is getting free thread bumps.

Tldr: beating the dead horse and be careful what you post online that can be dug up and misinterpreted.

2 Likes

I was ready to pick up 2020 X3M Comp on March 20th and then everything got shutdown in NYC due to COVID-19, I ended-up canceling on March 16th.

Cool story.

7 Likes

Happy to say I have a credit approved buyer as of today!

10 Likes

PM a mod to re-open if the deal falls through.