2020 X3M Competition - Phytonic Blue on Sakhir - $899/mo - $0 DAS - Incentives Offered

, , , , ,

I have no idea what you mean. There is no existing damage.

2 Likes

is lease transfer open? lot of companies stopped doing lease xfer since the pandemic began

Yeah it’s open

Yes. BMW is currently processing transfers.

Where did that come from?

2 Likes

Beautiful. I assume this is you? Any more details on the engine? https://x3.xbimmers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1677817

4 Likes

:joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

Man what is with M cars these days, first we had the m4 cs transferred that had non cs swapped parts after an accident that went to court, then the m3 cs that was sublet and ended up with bullet holes, and somebody’s blood caused the entire interior to be ripped out, and now an x3m with cylinder head cover issues.

What a year for the boys on the bmw forums.

And now comes the fun part watching this thread deteriorate.

2 Likes

It’s also posted on the BP X3 classifieds, so I doubt he’s hiding anything intentionally.

1 Like

This one wasn’t as egregious, issue fixed +covered under warranty, etc etc.

Still, imagine he transfers it to you and 2 months down the road it starts leaking oil, and you get put in a 3 series loaner. :joy::joy::joy: that would suck.

It’s under warranty for the remainder of the lease, should not be an issue.

My Clarity had to have the entire battery pack changed before 10k miles. 8 year 100k warranty on battery stuff.

2 Likes

True, but I doubt anyone wants to be spending their days at the dealership fixing issues under warranty. The time it takes out of your day alone would be a deterrent for me to take over a car with a known (albeit currently fixed) issue. Also, it shouldn’t take another Hackr finding OP’s Bimmerpost story to bring this to everyone’s attention. OP should’ve disclosed this in his posting IMO. After all, if the issue has been fixed, why not disclose it and say it’s been fixed? And if the worry is that by disclosing it then people will be deterred from taking it over, then that’s deceitful.

I have been in talks with the seller, he’s very upfront and honest. A small issue like the one mentioned is covered under warranty… It’s not a big deal. Good luck with the sale and to the person who is ahead of me in line.

5 Likes

It’s a brand new 2020 BMW, under warranty. It’s not like I’m trying to sell some used POS with issues here.

I’m not trying to hide it, but I’m certainly not going to start talking about what is truly a non-problematic service history for no reason. It had an issue from the factory. It got fixed immediately. The car has been fine since, not even a small issue. It only just made it back to the dealership for the first time since that issue/break in service this past week for a software update and its next oil change.

I hope this is okay with you. I would love it if you can find me a single other person in the private transfer forum who has talked about their cars service history.

9 Likes

I disagree entirely

Folks-

These cars are machines and incredibly high performance machines at that!

For all of us who owned the marvelous N54 and had to replace 15 fuel pumps…I bet it didn’t deter many us from the brand.

The beauty of the lease is the warranty. If something fails on a car and has to be fixed, it should not need to be disclosed. Now if it is damage due to an unforeseen issue or an accident (something that can affect the cars value or is not covered under warranty) it should be disclosed.

You can’t predict when a car will fail and you need to spend time in a loaner of lesser quality. That’s just life. If you can afford an X3M, life is prob pretty good! If 1-3 weeks out of 3 years you’re in a lesser car, is it really that big of a deal?

We can’t always be looking for something to complain about.

18 Likes

I totally agree and if you’re leasing an X3M and have it in for warranty they’re more than likely not going to put you in some base 3 series for a loaner. You’ll get a 5 or 7 series atleast (god forbid you drove a base $44k 330i for a week).

OP good luck with the trade.

1 Like

Do real M cars still require a 1200 mile service?

Well said, although some people unfortunately do “always” look for something to complain about.

1 Like

Yes. This one got a 1200 mile service.

3 Likes

Thanks. I got an 8 series when I got the initial fix done.

Last service, I got an X5 5.0. I’m not complaining.

1 Like

Not looking to complain, OP. Just sharing my views since I’ve been on both sides of the transaction. I don’t disclose every single piece of the service history for cars I transfer, nor do I expect others to when I’m taking over a car. But if you thought it was important enough to share your oil leak and cylinder head cover experience with the Bimmerpost community, then maybe it’s worth mentioning this was an issue that’s since been taken car of. I hope this is okay with you. Anyway, beautiful car and good luck with the transfer - I’m sure you’ll be just fine.