2020 WRX STI Series White

Forewarning this one is a want and I know it’s not the best financially. Have not signed yet.

I’m working a deal trading a 2020 base model WRX for a 2020 STI (Series White)

My vehicle pay off is $27,308 they are giving $26,500 (so likely over allowing)

Again, apologies for not having A buyers order.

Year, Make, Model, and Trim: 2020, Subaru WRX STI, Series White edition.
MSRP: $ 44,600
Selling Price: $42,175 (Vehicle discount seems low, but I’m sure they’ve hidden some of it in the trade)
Dealer fee: $698
Negative Equity: $808
OTD Price: 43,546
Monthly Payment: $ 606.03
Drive-Off Amount: $606.03
Months: 36
Annual Mileage: 10,000
MF: .00205
Residual: 65% ($28,990)
Incentives: 0
Region: Mid west (Nashville TN)
Leasehackr Score:
Leasehackr Calculator Link:

The purchase on this same vehicle with their 1.99% Special APR at 72 was $653

1 Like

Is it high or is it not?

What did Edmunds provide you for MF/RV/incentives?

You have too many unknowns to be this far along in your conversations with dealers. Take a step back and get the groundwork squared away first. If you don’t know exactly what the vehicle should cost before talking to a dealer, you have set yourself up for failure.

1 Like

according to Edmunds forums that’s the buy rate. I cant seem to find pricing information due to it being a special edition. I know the special editions tend to command a premium so I’m guessing the pricing varies pretty heavily. Thanks for the feedback. Certainly don’t want to dive head first into a horrible deal.

is the series white the 2020 version of last years S209?

Edit: nevermind, no it’s not.

Doesn’t the S209 go for close to 60k?

Unfortunately not. It’s got a lot of the same queues like the wheels, suspension components etc, but not the enhancements to performance. Which are easily attainable with light modification, but the point of the s209 is that it’s a special edition and has a warranty to accompany that aggressive tune. Some will argue it’s much better to get a “regular” STI and simply tune and modify. This is difficult because it’s one of those niche cars you buy because you want and not a Corolla where you simply find the dealer ready to take the biggest loss.

Also more details added Above.

Totally insane to lease this car at that MF when you can get so low APR financing. Calculate the rent charge versus what the finance charge would be. STI’s hold their value really well, I wouldn’t hesitate to purchase it.

3 Likes

Buy it … no point of leasing when there is only $50 difference plus if im not mistaking you will be saving money on insurance too because when you you buy you don’t have to have 100/300k coverage which most lenders require for lease

1 Like

More. Mechanic gamer friend of mine who works at a subbie dealer told me they marked it up above MSRP and sold it instantly.

1 Like

Interesting considering Subaru wasn’t able to sell out all of its allotments as some arrived stateside and sat in showrooms.

You could always get an Audi S4 for the same money…but like the others said, if your heart is set on this, you’re better off financing.

Thanks for all the feedback. I’m re-working numbers with the 1.99% 72 month special they are offering.

1 Like

I only repeat what I’m told. He claimed he did the PDI, but I just play video games with the dude.

I’m not doubting what your friend experienced. I had read an article in jalopnik talking about Subaru not being able to secure all the allotments before shipping. Which is unusual for a limited run of cars like this. Glad they ended up getting sold, though.

I’ve seen the same type R at my local Honda dealer for the past 2 years. I think it’s almost 50k.

@HondaSoCal :sob:

1 Like

The “right” buyer will come along.

I can beat that price with a 2020 Civic Type R when I get it! I can probably even double it.

1 Like

99% of vehicles the first customer is the right customer. 1% of vehicles the last customer is the right customer. Don’t be Mr. MiftyMcSalty!

Dude, how much for the yellow one?! :joy:

It doesn’t come in Yellow but I can spray-paint that bish.

3 Likes