2020 Volvo XC60 T5 Momentum

First lease since findings this site and taking in all the advice and experiences. I got the car I wanted at a price I thought was fair. Couldn’t leverage the biggest incentives (loyalty, first responder). In 36 months, I hope I can report an even better deal! (Pics to follow, its being delivered tomorrow)

Year, Make, Model, and Trim: 2020 Volvo XC60 T5 Momentum (w. Premier, heated everything)
MSRP: $47,495
Selling price: 41,178
Monthly Payment: $ 449.30 (before 8.95% sales tax)
Drive-Off Amount: $0, true sign-n-drive (no MSDs, either)
Months:36
Annual Mileage: 10k
MF: 0.00097
Residual: 57%
Incentives: $500 Conquest, $1,250 Costco, $1,500 Dealer cash, $500 Allstate Bonus Drive
Region: AZ
Leasehackr Score: 9.3
Leasehackr Calculator Link: leasehackr.com/calculator?make=Volvo&miles=10000&msd=0&msrp=47495&sales_price=41178&months=36&mf=0.00097&dp=0&dealer_fee=500&acq_fee=995&taxed_inc=1250&untaxed_inc=2000&rebate=0&resP=57&reg_fee=867&sales_tax=8.95&demo_mileage=0&memo=&zero_driveoff=true&monthlyTax_radio=true

1 Like

Hi - I’m a newbie researching best deals for the same spec as yours. If I may ask some basic questions:

Was the final selling price of 41K including all the incentives you listed, or were the incentives applied after you got msrp down to 41k?

I’m a bit confused about why RV $ (.57 x msrp) = $27,072 doesn’t = pre-tax monthly payment of $449 x 36 months…

Thanks for your advice!

From the calculator, it looks like $41,178 was before incentives (13.3% pre-incentive).

@freewafflefries Great discount for a new car.

If you are looking to get into leasing, I would suggest to read the Leasing 101 articles and familiarize yourself with the process. Then, put the deal together based on your research and the RV/MF information from Edmunds. Send that to dealers.

Why would the residual value be equal to the sum of the payments?

My bad for not reading (and re reading) the useful how to use the lease calc article. Pls ignore my q. Looks like a great deal though!

Thanks. Part of the reason I was able to get the discount was that this was a loaner originally, but it was barely ever used. It has < 500 miles, when most loaners you see here (where hackrs have gotten wild discounts) have at least 3,000+ and are last year’s model. This was also the last unit on the lot with the Amber interior color.

I did a LOT of reading and researching with Edmunds forums as well, and I leveraged every lead I could find for incentives, etc. I suggest also looking at RealCarTips.com and read the buying methodology Greg has put together. Works well for leasing, too. I found it immensely helpful and following it ensures you are always the in the driver’s seat (no pun intended) when trying to work out a deal.

This isn’t the first lease I have done, but it’s the first since finding this forum. Now I look back at the past leases I have had a realize I could have done a lot better. You live and you learn.

1 Like

Does Volvo have the $500 conquest incentive for all regions? This incentive is if you currently have another car manufacturer in your household ie. BMW, Lexus, Mercedes, etc…is that correct?

Conquest varies by region

How do we find out if it is available in California? This deal was in AZ so I can assume it would be same in California being in West region?

Also isn’t lease cash for your state $3000 and not $1500 for this model? Is this a AWD or FWD model?

Looks like it even varies state to state? AZ has the conquest and California does not. I did a build on Volvo site and it showed the various incentives available based on zip code.

I wish it was 3,000. Maybe that was available last month or in another region (or hidden manufacturer to dealer incentive). AZ isn’t really a lease deal hotbed.

Volvo’s big money incentives are loyalty and first responder, the only 2 I couldn’t get (I tried though, I have a sibling who works for PD, but they required her to co-sign to get it. No way she’d let me do that!).

I did a build using Phoenix zip code and it shows $3000 lease cash for the t5 momentum. Did you get the incentive confirmed from Edmunds?

What zip are you using? Can you share a link? I checked Edmunds, Volvo USA’s website, Costco, and other sites to confirm everything. Are you sure the $3,000 isn’t a manufacturer-to-dealer incentive? That money just gives the dealer more wiggle-room to make a deal and still get some margin in the end. They can pass it to customer if they want. They don’t have to though.

They don’t have to pass it on and you don’t have to lease it from them if they don’t.

When talking pre-incentive discounts, that includes things like the Volvo allowance/lease cash

Used zip 85001. Build a XC60 on their site and then click on payment estimator and it will indicate the $3000 lease cash.

Found it. Man they really tucked that away. Either way, still happy with the deal. But that was mentioned absolutely nowhere on edmunds. Oh well.

You were able to get the $500 post sale Bonus Drive rebate on a retired loaner?

There could be loaner cash on that specific VIN or designated so by that specific dealer, but the Volvo loaner terms that we have previously discussed on the forum would probably not qualify here because you would have to reach at least 1,500 miles.

Regardless, it is a great deal because your residual still barely took a hit for mileage adjustment (if at all).

They lost me when they started touting the 1.35% rule as being indicative of a good lease

1 Like