2020 Volvo V60 Cross Country

http://www.shopwithben.com/#contact-me

1 Like

Would you mind Pming me how you reached out?

2 Likes

We did. It’s not a good deal. V60s don’t lease well. I tried to work deals on one all over the country last summer.

If it’s the car you want, get it. I’ve seen 600 and 700 payment quotes on the V60 so it could be worse.

My XC60 (similar MSRP) was $0 DAS and $100/mo less than this V60 deal. Granted you can’t compare July 2019 to January 2020, but if it’s worth $100/mo (was $250/mo more when I signed) get what you want.

This is true. You are looking to us for validation: you won’t get. You have feedback, and there are plenty of V60 posts.

I learned a long time ago, if you think you’re taking to an asshole, look in the mirror. Not saying either of you did anything wrong, but you have all the free advise you need here.

This body style V60 was newly redesigned in 2019 and was originally BUILD TO ORDER ONLY: why you see so few on the road. The allocation window was small and all dealers finally got 1 demo in August. While the CC is the lifted wagon, effectively think of the non-CC and CC as the same car. I don’t expect deals on these for quite a while (look at the XC40).

Ball’s in your court.

1 Like

So what is the cut-off of “not a good deal” ? If 16.5% off MSRP doesn’t qualify according to you, is it 20% off? 25% off?

Leasehackr’s favorite rejoinder is “XXX doesn’t lease well, get this Infiniti sedan instead.”

My wife wants a wagon. Can you show me a luxury wagon that leases for cheaper? Certainly not the A4 All-Road.

I wasn’t looking for validation, I was looking for someone to say “You should keep pushing, I got 12% off pre-incentive” or “I got 15% off pre-incentive” or “That looks pretty good, I only got 9% off.” - None of that information was given in this thread or the few other V60CC threads. Bruce_Smith doesn’t even know the basic numbers of his deal, as he went through a broker, so there was no way to really backwards engineer it.

None of the wagons lease well. None. They aren’t volume models and they don’t need to be subvented to sell. You are, as they say, shopping the car not the deal. I shopped the car for months and months before I chose the next closest thing for $9000 less over the lease term.

There are very few closed deals on this new body style to compare. What you posited is what you were shooting for: did someone offer you 10% off MSRP?

My guess is 6% pre-incentive is best case but I’m glad to be wrong. I don’t think you’ll see buy rate MF with a dealer you don’t have a prior relationship with, who knows.

So where are the deal sheets?

1 Like

look under tab on bottom of spreadsheet for V60/V60cc I’m driving the sold one on the bottom.

Mine was punched as a loaner/demo, but had zero miles on it.

1 Like

Ok, that makes a little more sense…so 15% off pre-incentive for a loaner/demo but with zero miles on it. Sweet deal.

1 Like

If you can find one that was punched long enough ago that Volvo is getting the bonus money for it.

Is your deal better than what a broker is offering here, that requires zero effort or work on the buyer’s end? That’s the cutoff.

1 Like

Speaking of Brokers, @Bruce_Smith shared Ben’s spreadsheet, here’s a V60CC deal he did

In unicorn land, demo E450s can lease well…

2 Likes

I was thinking of this deal but what a unicorn

Here are some deals from the lease sheet:

msrp $52540, I paid $41175 that would be 21.2% discount.

I am usually a stickler for all the numbers, but I knew this was a good deal, so I didn’t dig into all of them. I bought the MF down with 4 msd, was told that this was all I needed.

I don’t know all the incentives that were available. I do know there was $1000 loyalty that I swapped for 3 months pull ahead on my '18 S90. $335 x 3 = $1005. This was a wash, they couldn’t be combined when I picked mine up 2 weeks ago.

There was more trunk money due to it being punched as a demo/loaner prior to the end of 2019.

I’m also waiting on a $500 from BonusDrive. This will wash the broker fee.

My opinion was $426/mo for a $52K Volvo was a good deal. Obviously not the deal I got on my $335/mo, $60K '18 S90 T6.

Between @Benedetto and the dealer I worked with this deal was effortless on my part. I just showed up, signed a few times, and drove home. There was zero upselling of any bullshit. In fact, I put the msd and first month payment on my credit card.

Totally off topic: the V60cc is only available with T5 motor. I miss the supercharger of the T6.

1 Like

Gawd, I know. $500/mo is more than I want to spend in an absolute sense, but I’d be willing to stretch to drive an E450 for a few yrs… I imagine it must be amazing…

Okay, back to topic. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Ended up signing it today. I would’ve preferred a lower MSRP (I think these are packaged perfectly fine at 50-51k) but my wife was fixated on just one color and likes having all the bells and whistles.

Got 10.5% off pre-incentive, 16.5% with. Base MF. 54400 msrp - 45424 = $489/mo pre tax for 36/10k.

4 Likes

You got taken for a ride on a hose!

Seems like a reasonable deal to me.

1 Like

Should have done MSDs. Good discount.

2 Likes

Total DAS?

First month plus fees = $1340

Between taxes and some home improvement stuff (new blinds…) I’m going to be shelling out a bunch of cash the next two months so felt dissuaded from doing MSD’s. Will definitely try next time.

Certainly better than $558/mo! (I assume; don’t recall if you mentioned your tax rate)

If you (or your wife) were picky about color and options, then it is what it is. It’s not a common car. It doesn’t have the confluence of factors to make it an amazing lease. But I don’t think you got ripped off, and, if you like the car, then it seems decent overall.

2 Likes