2020 Volvo V60 Cross Country

This is what I’ve mapped out that I would be shooting for, not what a dealer has offered me:

MSRP: $54,400
Sale Price: $45,710 (10% msrp + $2k volvo allowance + $1250 lease bonus)
MF: .00021
Res: 53%

first month + fees: $1k

Monthly w/ tax: $558

Does this look reasonable/attainable?

On a macro level, is it crazy to spend $550/mo on a Volvo when I could probably get a Q5 for similar or cheaper?

Q5’s aren’t leasing well based on the quotes people have posted here

X3 and GLC are leasing better from what I recall

Up to you whether the rarity is worth it.

I just leased a 2020 CC msrp $52ish. Mine’s not missing much. Where does $2.4K more come from?

I’m at $426 w/just 1st month at signing. I paid down MF with msd’s.

I’m in Minnesota.

advanced package - $2500
cross country pro package - $2800
heated seats - $750
metallic paint - $645
protection package premier - $600 (this is bs but…)
parking assist pilot - $200
HK premium audi - $800

How much off MSRP did you get before incentives?

ahhh, there it is: cross country pro pack $2800.

I didn’t even pay attention to the discount. @Benedetto hooked me up.

It’s a nice car. Picked it up last Saturday and drove 300 miles home through a blizzard, literally.

Nice. Unfortunately Benedetto has been radio silent for me.

Depends on why you want the Volvo. Wagons generally have more cargo capacity than an SUV of a similar length. That is not the case w/ Volvo wagons. They’re recent focus on creating attractive cars means that the wagons have surprisingly poor cargo capacity.

According to specs available on-line, the V60 has less cargo capacity than a Q5. Not sure if the V60 Cross Country would ride or handle better than a Q5, either.

Have you done a test drive of the Q5 to see how you like it?

The Q5 drives more like the Volvo in my opinion, with the X3 noticeably standing out. Perhaps this should be expected.

I have a previous generation cross country, and want to go to the contemporary XC60 or 90 eventually. I’ve also looked at the new V60CC, and it’s SO MUCH like the XC60, and a very beautiful wagon. I think the only difference is the XC60 is perhaps has a taller/deeper frame. I think ground clearance is actually the same, but the seating position of the XC60 seems to be higher and gives more shoulder room. Not sure if thats true, just my general observation.

1 Like

My main query was whether 10% before incentives was worth shooting for or if I should be even more ambitious.

Always. Just don’t lose the sense of reality

1 Like

Why do I get the feeling that if I posted this as a signed deal in the Share Deals forum that people would say I got hosed or taken for a ride? Even though not a peep here.

I’m not a hacker, but from what I know of cross country’s, they don’t lease super well. The residual is low and so is the MF… They’re prices are pretty inline with an XC60 too for similar packages, but there are far less available. When I got my cross country (PNW) I was told they can do “nothing” on price because the popularity of the car etc. Popularity? I think I’ve only ever passed two or three on the road! Anyhow, I still managed about 6.5% and I would say that was taken for a ride. Maybe people pay those prices for them…I did. But I would think With what you posted is a fair deal. Have you sent emails to several dealers to get an idea of where the internet managers are on pricing for this body style? I know another broker thread they are talking about some pretty good V60cc deals…better than what you’re posting here. But again, thats a broker.

You asked in your first post if you were “crazy” for considering a V60 Cross Country, even though you knew you could get equally competent for the same price or cheaper.

When other posters (including myself) suggested that you look at other cars, you replied that

Your question was answered.

Is there anything else to discuss?

1 Like

I was making the observation that no one in this thread has given an opinion one way or the other as to the deal I outlined being good, bad, or ok, but that if I posted it as a signed deal in the other forum there would invariably be a host of people all of a sudden saying I got hosed and why didn’t I ask leasehackr people first.

1 Like

You could put in your post that you did ask and that you didn’t get much feedback.

I don’t follow all threads very closely, but I don’t recall there being many V60 Cross Country threads, so whatever deal you end up getting will likely be helpful for others.

Doing the math on Bruce-Smith’s deal should have answered that question for you.

2 Likes

You’ve been given feedback by the only people in the world who volunteered to give you feedback. You can wallow all you want but you’re not entitled to anything more.

1 Like

I bet you’re a big hit at parties.

1 Like

I have tried getting in contact with him too with no response?

http://www.shopwithben.com/#contact-me

1 Like