2020 Volvo V60 Cross Country (Demo/Loaner/RDR)

I thought my expectations were reasonable (15%). Maybe my sense of the market needs adjustment. I don’t live this stuff every day (my business is medicine not autos).

Perhaps this is truly the best route.

1 Like

And I’m :100: certain you found (or remember) my posts about V90CC loaners I tried to get from both.

2 Likes

Yes. But also the difference between those two different cities, as cities.

The V90 is a magical creature.

Here we go. I capitulated on a $$$$ well optioned wagon for a mere mortal version.

Deal check. 2020 V60 CC.

MSRP 50,990
Discount: 8,244
Selling Price: $42,745
Gross Cap Cost: $46,969 (rolling in all inceptions incl 6% MD sales tax)
1st month only DAS

Nice discount, high payments

Ouch. Even with 7 MSDs you’re at 569$/mo.

Yes. I am not sure how much more this deal will improve. I have until Monday to decide.

I will be completely transparent - not sure exactly if I want to move forward at this price. But my wife doesn’t want an E450 or V90 or even an Outback due to size. I prefer to not have a crossover/SUV.

I wouldn’t for those numbers.

Have you looked at the VW wagons? The Buick?

I know you said outback but has she driven a Forester? They drive like cars, and are very much like a wagon with the ride height. Same with the xc60 and you can go loaded for the payment your getting. I was told by several dealer friends that Wagons and Minivans sell, many times with huge cash down payments ( specific customer contingent) they have no need to discount outside of incentives.

The Golf Sportwagen was discontinued for 2020, and, if wife thought the Outback was too big, the TourX is even longer.

To the OP… What about the Audi Allroad? The Forester is also relatively short.

I just checked cars.com and there are 290 Golf Sportwagens and 2323 Alltracks, which as of Feb still had lease support.

It’s 8.5” shorter than the outback and about 6” shorter than the v60, but definitely rides more like an suv than a wagon (ride height and handling). I see why people like the Forester, I hated it (but I’m a wagon guy).

We have a friend with a TourX. Nice for what it is. Too big for us.

Just give in to the inevitable and get a BMW X1

Allroad is nice, but a bit lower in ride height. Drove a Q5 and Q3 but ruled them out.

Forester is still on the list, and would likely be a straight up run of the mill lease deal.

I have a demo GLC in mind that I feel like I can get 18-20% off given I have an existing dealer relationship. That is my backup plan…but quickly becoming my primary plan.

I think that’s my problem w/ US Subaru. I don’t mind a few extra inches in height, but I don’t need (and don’t want) something w/ a ton of ground clearance. The lifted Subaru products (well, at least the Outback) have a surprising amount of ground clearance, and that’s def going to affect ride and handling…

Have you driven one? I haven’t driven a Q5 (or Q3) but have had a bit of seat time in my parents’ GLC. A very nice car, but it drives a bit like a boat for something that’s not that big (and rear visibility is not great). I, like your wife, am rather sensitive to driving something that could be considered on the bigger side.

1 Like

Update. I think the V60 CC is ultimately a very nice choice that fits our needs, but not our desired deal parameters. This will not be a unicorn in any way. Even after negotiating a strong discount pre-incentive…is still effin $$$ wagon.

We have proven on this thread it will not lease at that well, or at least that it is more expensive than an XC60 over the same term. More expensive than other non-Volvo choices.

It’s just a tough one…

We will do the deal. But I will not lease it. And enjoy the car for what it is.

I’ll stick around on the forums.

Thanks to all who participated.

3 Likes

Some cars are for leasing and some are for buying. No shade for getting what you want and for buying.

Congratulations- post pics!

I have a $50k one at around 16.5%, if you interested

3 Likes

Congrats dude, you’ll love it, the seats may take a bit to adjust, but a month in, I like the seats a bit better than my last car’s.

A post was merged into an existing topic: Please keep all your “wanted” ads here - Part 2