2020 Volvo V60 Cross Country (Demo/Loaner/RDR)

I could but I won’t. I looked at my contract this morning though.
LH calculator has no connection with how Volvo software calculates leases.

1 Like

Of the three of us, Ursus is the only one that’s actually leased a demo volvo

2 Likes

Then he should have NO problem providing a contract proving his point.

“I can but I won’t.” is ridiculous. I’m happy to change my mind and admit I’m wrong the moment I see contradicting evidence (other than opinion) to support it.

Then prove everyone wrong and go sign for the XC90 you hijacked this thread to ask about. I think everyone has done their best to answer your questions, and it’s clear you’ve made up your mind.

1 Like

Relax, I have “Trusted” badge for a reason :slightly_smiling_face:
p.s. you can find my XC90 loaner deal in “Share Deals”, if interested

3 Likes

45 posts in and there’s STILL not a picture of a sexy chunky Swedish wagon!? Pfft.

1 Like

The guy is trying to find a fully loaded V60 CC demo/loaner with a big discount and in NE only, so yeah. Good luck with that.

1 Like

Dem hips tho :heart_eyes:

2 Likes

@Ursus you are misrepresenting what I asked in my initial post. I simply asked how the dealer compensation works for punched cars vs mileage and time, and what an appropriate % was for this scenario. I also asked for help formulating a strategy to achieve a favorable outcome. I will grant you that I am a NooB on this site so subject to normal and customary ‘new guy’ bullshit, and you are ‘trusted’…so I appreciate your positive contributions to this thread.

I was half joking. But you are trying to do what I said in my post, right?
And I was joking about Trusted status. Tomorrow I may not have it, but it will not change who I am.

1 Like

Using these data points, combined with an RDR date of July 2019 I confirmed with a dealer target, seems to indicate there is at some potential to get into the mid/high-teens for dealer discount before incentives. Am i missing something in my read of the history?

I don’t think that is an unreasonable target for a loaner

Fair enough. No worries. And yes, I am trying to pull off a deal on the V60CC because it’s unique and not ubiquitous (vs you name it Q5/GLC/X3/XC60/etc). But I buy on value and budget…not unicorn status.

In all seriousness, appreciate the input so far from all.

J

1 Like

You at least have a demo or two to pick from. I had dealers in CA (several), AZ, NV, and VA I was working for almost 3 months to find just 1 V60 (that wasn’t an R-Design, because the seat bolsters bother my back since I had surgery), and of course 1 of those appeared 5 miles from where I live now. When I finally found 1, it was in VA (I live in CA, but at it was 20 miles from the house I lived in until 2011), and the lease was $250/mo more than an XC60 with the same MSRP, plus shipping. We feel you. You’re on a mission to get what you want and not overpay. The heart wants what it wants. We’re pulling for you, it’s just a tough one.

Update on my efforts. As a reminder I was looking for discounts into the mid-teens pre-incentive on a well optioned demo/loaner V60CC wagon ($55-56k). I got as high as 13% pre-incentive (17% all in).

Most offers were unreasonably low (to me at least) considering days in inventory approaching 250 days and several vehicles with the exact same configuration within 2-2.5 hours of my mid-Atlantic home. One larger dealer literally had 4 of them, and were the lowest on offer (6.4% pre-incentive). Bottom line is the V60CC cost over a 36 month term was not better than what I can get on true luxury brands.

I don’t believe my tactics were necessarily faulty, but as suspected by others including @Ursus dealers in my area are not discounting as aggressively as I’d hoped. I will wait to see if the March incentives are as similarly attractive. Or just go get an ubiquitous GLC/Q5/X3/XC60. Or use a broker.

I’ll update again if anything changes.

Must be Ourisman Bethesda? They always stockpiling wagons.

1 Like

PA and NJ had better incentives this month. Bethesda did not get a lot of my effort because it did not have any inventory that interested me, but I did have a good dialogue with Ourisman Frederick MD. Got a great offer on a $50.x Denim demo when we were too far apart on the $56.x, but the demo had the one interior color that was no go with the WAF. It sold quickly as expected.

Frederick is no better than Bethesda.

I understood from context but could not grock the acronym. I was like:

• web application firewall? No
  • we are failures? Nope

And then checked good ole’ UD:

Neither does the purist ever use the abbreviation WAF, it is always sardonically drawled out in full: “Wife Acceptance Factor”.

Which meant I didn’t need to update my dictionary.plist of acronyms, and thus its checksum.

Huh. Well no success yet. I recall the discussion being about realistic expectations, not tactics, but keep at it, or don’t. Or switch vehicles. Or hire a broker. :man_shrugging:t2:

I am :100: certain you are strictly talking about Volvo loaner inventory with that statement.

Hence why I am not posting a deal check or a sexy wagon in the trophy garage.