2020 Volvo V60 Cross Country "Costco Auto" Lease Offer, CO

Am I getting a good deal? First up is original proposal, then the negotiated one, First, you can see they added 30 points to the MF and I balked and said I needed an additional 30-55 off per month to match my calculations from LH etc etc

Attached is the original proposal.
I am a Volvo owner, so $1K loyalty here then the lease deal of $500 and the holiday special of $500 all thru 12/20 only (today)

Then after the conversation w sales mgr said they’d get to $701/month with still no money down and just taxes due, wondering should I just look at this number and take it? I did ask for them to send me paperwork to get started. THANKS!

Run far far away

3 Likes

13 Likes

If for nothing else I can sit here and laugh my arse off at this. Can you give me an idea why you deployed this brilliant gif that I’m going to steal? They offered to get me to 701 (including tax and fees–tax rate is 8.75%), which honestly seemed to look good on Leasehackr and it reflected not exactly a 1.1% MSRP but about 2520 off.

The car itself had all my ‘must haves’ (advanced, harmon kardon, pro package, polestar, etc etc) but I’m happy to keep looking if this is THAT bad and the incentives that expire today don’t wipe that out?

I will say that when I asked why they jacked the MF Up the salesperson said “they want to make a little profit”…

1 Like

This is a useless metric for evaluating deals.

2 Likes

You have a couple things working against you here. The discount isn’t stellar, the mf is marked up, the dealer fee is ridiculous, etc. Have you confirmed the incentives with Edmunds?

1 Like

OK, good to know (seemed to be met with endorsement in other posts but I trust people who do this all day long)

I did get the MF/RV from Edmunds. I balked at the MF. When I did the leasehacker calculator I put in the Edmunds .00041 for Colorado and got to 701 including taxes, and that was what I negotiated down to.

Sales manager claimed this was $1,000 below invoice which is the Costco Auto program.

The dealer fees are all similar here, I don’t know why they seem to do this in CO but Subaru dealers, three Volvo dealers, Audi, all have it around 5-700 bucks.

On occasion, Volvo and Costco team up and offer some great extra incentives on Volvos. This happened back in August/September. Currently, there is not a Costco Volvo program, other than the general truecar based thing they do.

Ignore any discussions they’re having about invoice. That’s purely a method for them to convince you how good of a deal you’re getting and that you’re really working them over. If they were actually losing $1000 on the deal, do you think they’d offer it up?

I would suggest you talk to a few brokers on here and see if they can help out. I know @Bostoncarconcierge has had some amazing v60cc deals in the past.

Is there a reason for me to try to renegotiate again given it’s the last day of incentives or is this early end date just because new incnetives will come in between now and 1/2?

I’m on Volvo #3 but a different dealer. Appreciate the info on Costco. This was lower than Truecar offer, but only by about $300.

I am not opposed to brokers.

When you go through truecar and purchase the vehicle, the dealer pays a fee to truecar… Of about $300. They’re just passing the fee over in this case.

Here’s where I would start. Confirm with Edmunds that there actually are only $1000 in incentives (and you should be getting first month’s payment covered too). Go to the leasehackr calculator, and plug in the numbers for base MF, RV, actual incentives, and a much better discount (say, 11-12%) and see where that puts you. In the mean time, talk to some of the brokers here and see what they can do.

The dealer you’re talking to now isnt doing you any favors, so be prepared to walk away, but make them an aggressive offer if the brokers don’t have the inventory you want available, etc.

1 Like

Check some of the deals @Bostoncarconcierge has, will save you thousands in this case from the sheet I saw.

Let’s just say I’m paying less for an M340IX than the quote you got.

2 Likes

Now that’s downright abusive to mention that :slight_smile:

If youd consider shipping a car from the east coast, I would love to help.

339 364 0356

CO incentives

1 Like

I’m going to guess that applied offer is what the dealer gets to hold back?

Loyalty 1,000
Volvo Holiday Special 500
Volvo Lease Special 500
(not sure how to calculate the first payment special)

Speaking with the Sales guy (really good guy and made us feel like we were dealing with a great dealer, until the sales manager got involved), he said the costco program is 1,000 under “invoice” but that this deal is better, so he didn’t use it here. But TTLAddsCapCost is the mystery to me.

Thank you. :slight_smile:

Looks like they’re showing $500 of the $2000 in rebates on the rebate section (the rest of the rebate being the first month’s payment coverage) and rolling the other $1500 into the dealer discount.

That’d mean they’re giving 8% pre-incentive discount with the marked up mf. This is equivalent to 6.5% with base mf. This close to the end of the year, I’d be pushing for another $3000-3500 off to get you in the 11-12% pre-incentive range.

TtlAddsCapCost is where they’re accounting for the acquisition and dealer fees basically.

What I don’t understand is that multiple people have told you this is a bad idea, yet you continue to go back and forth with the dealer, rather than walk away. Even with shipping, @Bostoncarconcierge can get you one for less money. Why waste your time when you’re going nowhere with this dealer?

Also, I know you said that you thought this was a good deal based on what has been posted in the forum, but honestly, it’s far from that.

1 Like

Because they’re giving me pointers on how to make it not one to run away from. But also end of year, expiring incentives, and the car I want in specs I want not being anywhere else, I’m incented to make it work…