2020 tundra lease offer in WI

Yes my 50k sports would be 335 in your state.

I’m from Milwaukee. I’m assuming you’re working with Heiser or International. They get close but wont match LH deals. I also couldnt find any off-roads near me. I got mine from Jim. I flew to Philly and drove it back. Everything was smooth.

This situation intrigues me. Anyone have any perspective on the dealers around Milwaukee that are worth exploring? I have a net out around 250 miles in all directions. So far, I have not gotten close to what I am seeing on these forums.

My other trouble, and maybe someone can offer a dealer or suggestion, is that I have a US Bank Lease I am upside down on (2017 Tundra Crewmax Limited). I will probably be ok by end of lease, but I put some modifications on and turning in is not an option. Priorities changed, so now a more conventional truck and continued low payment is preferable…I had intended to buy it out after, but things changed. @Jp2020 - where was the deal that you passed up? That would price point be in my wheelhouse. I would use @Jrouleau426 but my trade in drama is not his problem and 14 hours each way is pushing it.

Look forward to the insight!

Ben

Better off using carvana to buy it out, roll in neg equity, or suck it up and wait til the lease is up!

Anyone looking for good deals on tundras contact east Madison Toyota and talk to Zac Ezzell sales manager. They need to sell some more trucks before end of day tomorrow. I think he only has 2-3 left. Im picking up tomorrow. MSRP 47548 24/10 320/month tax included with first month due at signing.

I would, but Carvana has me like 7k in the hole, and waiting until lease end doesn’t really improve my standing. I still either need about $35k, have to turn it in and eat major fees, or buy it out and end up with a $37k loan and 600/mo payments. Looking to work my angles and get it off my hands, lol!

If your 7k in the hole with Carvana, your going to be at least 7k in the hole on any neg equity deal with any dealer on a new truck. The money has to come from somewhere, even if its hidden into a new lease it’s still actually there.

I wish they had the color I was after (Voodoo Blue). I did ping them a couple of days ago, but they didn’t chase me very hard so I moved along. I may put a line out just to see where things stand. Thanks for the heads up Smokey!

What kind of mods did you do that can’t be undone? $7k is allot of coin

I respectfully disagree. Carvana is substantially less than the average trade in numbers I have receive. I also have some modifications that will help the right local dealer sell quicker and at higher profit. Not all dealers, but some exist in markets where the modifications don’t hurt quite as much. Carvana is dealing to the masses and looking for quick flips. I negotiated very aggressively on this truck. Being about 2k upside down at this point is accurate. 7k, not so much.

I had another deal fall through so I just sent out emails to a few local dealerships telling them the price I was going to pay and would pick up it up within 24 hours. There is a voodoo blue crew max sr5 without offroad or sport package at russ darrow west bend. MSRP of 45536.

Suspension, wheels and tires. Can be undone, but stocker stuff is long gone and it isn’t worth buying stock stuff again and going through alignment and suspension work.

Again, I am not nearly that far gone with local dealers. Only with Carvana.

I did see that one actually. I’ll have to reach out again!

90% on here would tell you Carvana, Vroom, shift, etc will offer you more for a vehicle than a dealer would. Just because you have gotten higher trade in quotes from dealers doesnt actually mean you are getting the best deal. Dealers tend to move numbers around being on the front end sales price, back end finance, or trade value. They may be offering you more for your trade but the sales price on the vehicle most of the time is marked up to make up the difference.

Absolutely man. I don’t doubt that for one second. In my particular case, it just hasn’t come up that way. Now, I will have to be cognizant of trying to roll things through on the back end. I’m not trying to start a debate. Frankly I am willing to accept some shifting of money. All I can tell you is that if I can get more realistic numbers on trade-in, while also using those same dealers to beat down the new Tundra prices, I may just win all around.

Or it won’t work and I’ll buy my truck. I have had success with other vehicles and just did the same thing with my wife’s trade in on a new VW. Was able to beat the Carvana offer by like 1k, but also get a respectable number (based on reports on this forum) on monthly/down payments on the new one.

I know in Wisconsin $1000 below invoice seems to be the best deals available. I know some people say you can get 12% off msrp before incentives on the tundra but that seems very hard to get. If you were able to do that then it might be worth while in your case otherwise I think sticking it out to the end might be the best.

Ewald in Cudahy seems to have a good selection of trucks with aftermarket stuff. Ive never worked with Kearns in Jefferson but I assume they have a market for it. Or sell it yourself if you can cover some of the difference. Heiser Toyota uses TFS, US, and Ally. They were the most upfront about their numbers. Wilde offered the largest discount but shorted me when I threw in my trade.

I would check with Wilde or even Wausau Toyota also.
For some reason, Toyota dealers provide better discounts if they know you are out of their market, it’s like a “found” sale they would not likely have.
They do a good job of offering about 9% off MSRP plus rebates, if you have time wait them out a week and shoot for 12% off.
Also, the rebate in WI is kinda low as of today, once it hits $3,000 plus the 12% discount you should be able to get a 24 mo/30k mile U.S. Bank lease for about $700 down and $275 or less a month no DAS. There will be a disposition fee equal to your monthly payment at turn-in time.

Bear

Thanks everyone for all the input. This is great for me, as well as any prospective area buyer! I love the support! I’ll keep working things and be patient. Like many have said, my biggest issue is waiting until the end of the current US Bank lease. Once I can work through that variable, I am confident you all have helped us with ensuring good pricing on a new vehicle.

@Bear- thanks for the update. Feel free to continue to check in and provide them as the months go on. I really appreciate it!

Bear,

Can you expand on this a bit? Went to Wilde last night. Numbers looked great on paper (trade in wasn’t horrible, “sale price” was $42014 on a $48258 truck. HOWEVER, when he handed the lease sheet back, the $2000 rebate that created the $42014 was not present in the total cap cost. The $44014 was used as the depreciation starting value - to $37991 purchase option/lease end, which skyrocketed payments. He went on and on about how invoice was $43875 and they were only making $300 on the truck. I don’t care about that.

He was pretty transparent - .00135 MF, 78%ish on RV (straight off of his sheet)
Am I wrong to think that the $2000 rebate should help me? Are they just moving money around and keeping that cash? Or is the rebate for lease end? Part of me thinks that I am entitled to the rebate and should be able to use the $42014 as my cap cost number?

I am going to push - my belief is that they gave a higher number on trade in and shifted the money off of the back end. It gives me leverage, but I want to confirm I am correct. I would be happy to lay out my whole calculator if it helps.