2020 Toyota Tundra SR5 CrewMax Sport $235/mo $0 down, Colorado

Tustin Toyota

I’m in San Diego but willing to make the drive if we can workout a deal.

No dealer trade or anything?

Most dealers are not trading as we have super limited staff at each dealer. My next allocation is mid May

2 Likes

Gotcha! Wow!

I just did a deal in VA (Richmond) (link to deets in trophy garage). Just note that in VA you’ll be paying 4.15% sales tax on the full selling price, which means we don’t get quite as good a deal as most other states.

Dealers here don’t seem to be willing to trade bc they don’t know when they will get anymore inventory…

2 Likes

I’m upside down on my 2015 Mazda 3, (payoff is $17,100 at 23% APR, I had bad credit at the time but now I’m at 675) I’m getting offered around $6-$7k for my trade in.
HERES THE QUESTION: When carrying over negative equity, is it better to lease or finance? I’m looking at Toyota Tacoma, 4Runner or Tundra. I want to get this done fast as most dealerships are offering no payment for 90 days right now. Thank you for any advice

No payments for 90 days is not for lease, do yourself a favor and go to a credit union and refinance the Mazda, then wait for the inventory to build up again on Toyota’s, right now blows because inventory is tight and dealers know it.

1 Like

Even though there’s no payments for 90 days, they don’t make those payment for you, you still owe the money you finance.
If you lease, just the negative equity will be 300 a month plus whatever the payment for the new car is.
Just refinance it at a much lower rate.

I went to refinance at 3 different banks and my credit union, all of them would love to refinance my car at 12.3% with $7k down to cover the negative equity…I’m better off getting rid of this Mazda at 23% APR and getting into something new and just take the higher payment for 3 years and be done.

2 years ago rates were a bit higher. Wonder what the spread to dealer is though. Doubt chase getting from him 21%

So it’s up to you. If you want to lease and start fresh in 3 years you can do that.
If you want to finance then you can do that. But if you trade in the new vehicle before it’s paid off you will have negative equity again.

3 Likes

Sent PM for dealer info. I called all around Denver to no success, all stated they only use TFS.

Broker can drop me a PM if you can work the deal out of state.

They are no longer doing these deals, mandated from “corporate” they have a price structure they have to stick to.

Sound like salesperson showmanship at its finest. Can’t believe you went for it.

Good luck then. It’s straight from the Internet sales manager whom I’ve been in contact with for well over a month. This is the same person who very easily gave me a Tacoma deal last month but won’t give me a Tundra deal this month. Inventory is dwindling and they are hard and fast sticking with invoice AKA not a hackable deal.
Your welcome.

2 Likes

I always believe what the internet sales manager tells me. Thanks for derailing the thread, feel free to keep further responses to yourself.

I’m looking for Tacoma in Denver, wasn’t able to confirm a dealer using US Bank.

1 Like

Well if you would have read this thread you would see that I know the dealer, I also posted a deal a couple of months ago.(can’t find your PM) The secret dealer does US Bank and Ally