2020 Toyota Tundra for road trips

3 Likes

For the record I had zero doubt. It’s a good tip, why I shared it.

The 5 Guys Mustard on the other hand…

2 Likes

I only got Sams club. not costco. Does Sams club have a gas app too?

I don’t speak Walmart, thus Sams :man_shrugging:t2:

Costco sells gas. Gas Buddy is an App that shows gas prices nearby, no Costco affiliation.

2 Likes

1 Like

I was just providing a recent example (and sometimes I don’t believe myself :stuck_out_tongue: ).

I was at ALDI a couple of days ago and splurged on some mustard. I had no idea that a bottle was only $0.55, and that point I was all in.

4 Likes

all that gas savings, makes you wonder if he should put an auxiliary gas tank in his 7 series trunk so it isn’t too big anymore.

1 Like

There are things that I used to be cheap about when I was younger and more broke, that as I’ve gotten older and less broke have not been worthwhile to continue to be cheap about it. Stealing condiments from a restaurant that I already have a discount gift cards that is not on the list but we all have our neurosis.

I run into the same thing with a lot of entrepreneurs and executives where they could easily be spending their time with a greater than 75% certainty It will generate more than five figures in revenue, but instead spend that time doing their own taxes or some thing that they could hire a person on Upwork to do for 30 bucks.

Opportunity cost can kill. :man_shrugging:t2:

3 Likes

While I get the joke, who would wanna spend that money and have to undo the work when they ground the lease. Nobody’s buying that lease out.

1 Like

Drove mine from Dallas to Houston when I originally bought it. It’s pretty nice but it does have a lot more road noise than my Cadillac and Wife’s Buick (I do have the TSS package with the Offroad tires). As others have said, fuel economy is not the best. Purchased a $200 Trifold cover off amazon that actually improved fuel economy from 13MPG to 14MPG on average…

Plan on driving from Houston to Orlando Fl in a few weeks in it so that will be the true test.

1 Like

*Insert Shocked Face GIF here *

1 Like

somebody who wants to save money on gas by buying in bulk when it’s cheap.

1 Like

I suspect as you mentioned, the off-road tires have a lot to do with the road noise. My TRD Sport, with 20 inch wheels, is fine.

2 Likes

Unless you can pay for BMW parts and labor with Amex points, I don’t see it :man_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

I bought a sandwich and they gave me the mustard…

I make it a point to set aside some time to waste, just because it makes me happy.

1 Like

Ralph’s (Kroger) fuel rewards. Buy gc with 5% cashback cc, get 2x pts all the time or 4x points during promo. 1000 pts get $1 off per gallon up to 35 gallons at shell (100 pts saves 10 cents per gallon). So during a 4x promo event, you spend $250 on gc and you can save up to $35 during a fillup.

There have been 4x promo about once every month or two and usually requires adding digital coupon to account.

The points expire at the end of the following month. So for example, if you got points today, they will expire April 30.

3 Likes

Although they inflate their prices by $0.10 to $0.15 from the cheapest places

1 Like

Today’s truck are awesome road trip vehicles imho. I drove from PA to our place in the OBX many times in a 15 Ram crew (hemi) then a 17 F150 Screw (eboost 2.7). Loved them both. Now, with the Tundra’s mpg I might not like it as much but I’m sure it’s a good ride otherwise.

1 Like

the only downsides to the tundra’s antiquated body style are the tech features and drivetrain/towing/mpg. In terms of space it’s perfectly fine, probably not as big as the f150, ram or GMC twins but it’s quite large in the backseat. Most of today’s trucks ride like a large suv, again antiquated tundra will not ride as smoothly as the new gen vehicles but it rides really well for what it is.

1 Like

Is it antiquated or was it ahead of its time? No reason to change it if it was done right the first time. I love the look of the tundra, and I’m worried in 2022 that they will ruin the look. They can improve mpg but the tech was improved this year. Not everyone wants/needs an iPad in their truck. At the prices these lease for I’ll deal with the mpg issues, eapecially with gas dropping under $2/gal.

2 Likes