2020 Toyota Tundra for road trips

Anyone drive the 2020 Toyota tundra crewmax 4x4 on a road trip yet? How smooth does it drive? Is it loud and bumpy? Are you tired or refreshed after the long trip?

I loved my platinum when I had it. Took it to Tahoe and back and forth from AZ to CA

2 Likes

Just don’t pass any gas stations, :fuelpump:

8 Likes

You can pass one with the 38 gallon tank :joy:

5 Likes

A buck fifty to fill that tank. :scream:

1 Like

Can’t speak to the 2020, but can speak to the 2019😀. Drove ours from New Hampshire to South Carolina this week and really enjoyed it. Most of the roads were smooth, so the lack of an independent rear suspension is not an issue. The interior is huge and I love the high seating position.

We averaged close to 18 mph a gallon which I was more than happy with. Gas is cheap and the lease is ridiculously cheap for what you get…so MPG is mildly interesting to me. In summary, a highly recommended road trip vehicle!

2 Likes

About half that cost for me. Filled up yesterday for $2.15 a gallon👍

3 Likes

$80 to fill it in PA this week

2 Likes

I drove mine to key west from philly last year with my wife and 2 dogs. Very comfortable. We flipped up the back seats and layed down a bunch of blankets and pillows. I’m 6’1’’ and was able to sleep comfortably with a 65lb lab pit mix next to me! The offrd is a smoother ride then the sport, but the sport looks better imo.

5 Likes

Screenshot 2020-03-06 at 06.17.56

8 Likes

And PA has the highest gas tax in the country. Don’t know what’s wrong with your state…it’s basically a criminal organization.

4 Likes

Did one recently with two kids in the back. It’s so huge inside it was better than trips I’ve done in an explorer and a highlander.

Downsides: mpg - but gas is cheap right now and the huge tank is nice. Also it’s a big truck and if you’re heading through construction zones with narrow lanes and concrete or pole dividers you have to pay a little more attention and can lead to some extra driver stress/fatigue.

2 Likes

Hopfully gas will go down as hybrid and electric cars become more popular.

Alas, I’m not sure that’s how it works. If it did, we’d have loads of cheap wagons available to us.

3 Likes

Your gas is almost 4$? Damn…

2 Likes

$1.99 in Denver at Costco, I think it’s because I hacked a Bolt.

2 Likes

We did CA to AZ in my old 2017 Limited Off Road. It road very smooth and was comfortable. As others have said - MPG sucks (about 14-15). We did SoCal to Tahoe and back in my old company truck, 2016 F150 Platinum and it was hands down the best road trip vehicle we’ve ever had and pulled 24 MPG on that trip. A lease on a Platinum would be at least 2x the Tundra, that buys a LOT of gas.

Whos got the gas hacks!? Lol

1 Like

As soon as oil settles down buy an etf like XLE and your dividends will pay for all your gas…I got in there in 2008 around the same price it is today and basically have had free gas for the last decade. Unless you think oil is going to go much lower then $40/barrel it’s a good buying opportunity

4 Likes

Costco. The Gas Buddy App. Grocery Store Gas rewards. @trism gets gift cards for gas station at Lowes with his Amex and get’s 10% back.

2 Likes