2020 Toyota 4Runner TRD off Road W/ XP Predator Package. Good or Bad Lease Deal?

Appreciate the suggestion but at the end of the day your not really answering my last question/comment i posted. Its not about being concerned for $20 per month, its just about trying to get the lowest payment possible with the whole situation. If i can get lower payment, why not? So my question was how much lower would payment go if i go from 15K miles down to 12K miles on the lease…Also a Tacoma Really haha, not trying to be rude but the back seat space/leg room of a Tacoma is horrible and i mean horrible. Of course it would lease better, it has the highest RV, but just because it has higher RV i am not going to settle for something i dont want. Why would you pay for something that your not interest in? especially if i am going to pay 450-550 per month.

Does anyone have an idea of how much lower monthly payment on lease would go down if you go from 15K miles to 12K miles? Is it 10,15,20+ etc… I just want to have an idea so that when i go to the dealer this upcoming weekend i don’t get taken advantage of by sales guy. Payment now is $539 with 15K miles.

Thanks!

With my 2015 4Runner lease it was a $17 a month difference. Changes constantly but I’d guess in that area

$20 month difference per tier between 10,12, & 15 is a good rule of thumb. It may be $17 or it could be a little more. It’s based off RV, so if you have the RV’s then you can calculate it yourself.

Thanks for letting me know. Not even sure how i would calculate that, but would appreciate the help if possible. I just want to make sure they don’t take advantage of me at dealer. Residual Amount is 29,238.00 at 66%. Money Factor .00257 Total cost of 4Runner is 39,311.00 with all discounts

Current monthly payment is $539.91 So i am hoping if i go down to 12K miles then hopefully should be around $520 per month or if less even better

It’s not the sales guy taking advantage of you directly. You are taking on a deal that may not be ideal because you seem enchanted by a 4 runner xp package.

539 for 15k miles for 40k truck with 2k down is too much. There are many ways to reduce this payment but all roads lead to negotiating a better discount and improving the interest rate.

Negotiating? I mean almost 5 1/2 K off is not bad at all… I am sure someone can do better, there is always room for better right, but i believe the discount is pretty darn fair compared to all other dealers who say i can only discounts 2-4 K off at most due to demand and blah, blah, blah. Also you say its too much, sure of course we all would love to pay less per month, but credit is Fair, not great so interest is higher than normal. So again this is why i have been asking the question of, if i go down to 12K miles instead of 15K, how much less would my payment be as it might make more sens to do 12K instead of 15K…

Leasing for fewer miles than you actually drive just to hit the target monthly payment is a fool’s errand (and a dealer’s paradise).

2 Likes

So based off what your saying, i can do better on bringing down the final sales price? $44,531.00 MSRP and sales price $39,311.00 Discount is $5,220.00 I mean realistic how much more down? just curious at this point since your one of the few who say this is a bad deal based on my numbers and fair credit score

That’s not a good rule of thumb at all. It’s based on RV like you said… which is based off MSRP. Since MSRP can vary from $20K to multiples of that, how can any rule of thumb cover that range?

Why don’t you try using the calculator here instead of begging for someone to give you the answer a dozen times?

There’s an FAQ for the calculator but you can ask questions about using the calculator if they haven’t been answered there.

I appreciate your response. I am new to this site and was not aware there was a good useful tool i can use.

Perhaps I should have worded it a little better though for the OP, it applies in this case, and even more so since he is dead set on this deal in FL. Several brokers and dealers on LH that deal with Toyota have mentioned using the $20 difference as a quick way to see if it is worth it to the purchaser to go up or down.

A quick search shows a SR5 at $40,873 and a Nightshade at $51,087 MSRP - where are you seeing a $20,000 difference on MSRP in regards to Toyota 4Runners?

No, the isn’t a good rule of thumb, especially when you say it’s a $20 difference between 10k, 12k and 15k. How is the difference the same at $20 when 10k->12k is 1% RV change vs 12k->15k is 2% RV change?

2 Likes

If you need 15k miles per year, why not pay for 15k miles instead of looking at getting 12k miles per year?

As others have stated, find out what the RV is for 12k miles and plug it into the calculator.

Here is some general feedback/advice:

1. Even if you can afford the payment on the 4Runner, I would strongly suggest working on your credit.
  2. If you already have a car that runs, then you have time on your hands to work out a more favorable deal (once your credit score improves).
  3. Are you dead set on this car or are you open to other similar SUVs/trucks that might lease better?

Super high MF and low RV. This is not a good lease deal. On top of that, you’ve got $2k cash down which is effectively $55 more per month. so your $548 is really around $600, PLUS TAX, around $650. Dont do it!!!

Check some of the brokers in marketplace section for a baseline. I’ve seen $450 with $0 down . I purchased a TRD Pro and am paying $545/month.

1 Like

@Ryanvaldes11

This guy is the real deal. Start here and then check if your dealer can match.

Unless your credit is as bad as the OP’s, his MF is always going to be higher.

There’s really no point comparing monthly payments on that apples:oranges basis.

Fair enough. Ignore my own monthly payment… The point of my post is that he’s not getting a good deal.

I appreciate your input. But my credit is “Fair” at a 660. so the numbers are based off that. Also the $548 is with taxes per month already. I also mentioned on a reply that the dealer called me back and they reduced my monthly payment down to $539 now. To get into the $450 range of payment i would need tier 1 or maybe tier 2 credit. So honestly i think this isn’t a bad deal in my honest opinion but then again who knows maybe i am wrong… I do have a question off topic though if anyone can answer this? So i had the sales guy send me the actual window sticker on car and i notice that it comes with something called “Toyoguard Platinum” Cost is $700. Is this something that i can fight for them to remove it off? if so then my payment would drop pretty big consider that for every 300 bucks its about a 6-8 dollar reduction. Anyone know?