2020 Toyota 4Runner TRD off Road W/ XP Predator Package. Good or Bad Lease Deal?

$700 increase/decrease in MSRP is not that big of a difference. If ~$7/mo is that big of a deal to your budget, you should seriously consider looking at a cheaper vehicle.

My goal is NOT to pay $450 (if i could i would but its not realistic. I am trying to be realistic based off my credit score of a 660. This is a $45K MSRP, I have gotten them to reduced the 4runner by almost 5 1/2 grand which is respectable in my opinion. 3 year lease with 15K miles and paying $539 per month now. My goal right now is to see if i am able to get the Toyoguard removed that cost 700 bucks, but it seems like i wont be able to since it was added at the Port pre done with the 4runner. I figure removing that and going down from 15K miles to 12K miles, i would be closer to $500 per month with taxes. I have no problem paying $500 since my credit is fair and i need a new car. This is a TRD off road model with the XP predator package. So are there any other things that you guys think i can get the dealer to remove so that i can get my payment to drop even by a couple bucks? Thanks

haha your the second person that says that and it makes me laugh every time. Its not about that, its about if i can keep fighting to decrease my payment why not? trying everything i can. I can afford the payment, its not about that. Every little helps. The way i see money and life is you put it somewhere, but then you need to remove from somewhere else… Its life that is the way it works. I could be using those 7 bucks towards buying my kids a ice cream or something, just little things like that.

Well, your posts don’t make a lot of sense. You are paying so much attention to small issues while ignoring the bigger issues. Another “savings” method you brought up is the mileage. Obviously 12k/yr will be cheaper than 15k/yr. Why even bring these that up though? You get the miles you need, not get whatever mileage so you get a cheaper payment.

You know what will save you a lot of money? MSDs!!! Do max MSDs and you’d be under $500/mo.

1 Like

I tried to throughly read through this tread, sorry if i missed it.

One of the golden rules of LH is to take advantage of MSDs if you’re open to it. If through TFS, did you consider putting your cap cost reduction (and more) towards MSDs? I’m not sure if MSDs are dependent on credit score though.

I do personally think that actively shopping around for a week isn’t enough time to get a good deal.

Reducing miles from 15k to 12k is usually an increase of 2% from the RV.

1 Like

1 Like

Toyoguard is just Prepaid oil changes for a certain number of years. So it is absolutely not port installed and can absolutely be removed. And you won’t need it on a 3 year lease!

The package is “pre-installed” and on the MSRP. How can it be removed?

Hmm this would be nice to know and have a concrete answer. Appreciate both you guys input regardless. It would be really nice to have it removed, its a $700 charge that is not necessary.

Side question for you guys… Been reading online that you should not pay for “Doc Fees”, is this true? Also how would i talk them out of charging me for doc fees? Just curious on how i should approach this.I know its going to happen the moment we start going over paper work at dealer, they are gonna come at me with non sense and doc fees cost 500-800 bucks. Thanks guys!

Why not get a cheaper :taco:? This one is pretty spendy, you could get something for $4k or $5k less and save money, or even more so if you find an SR5 or heaven forbid an SR. (I have a feeling that someone that wants a $44k version couldn’t settle on a plep version though :roll_eyes:).

Although I think this is a 4runner thread, so here’s an idea, look at a :taco:, same vehicle with more functionality and a better deal!

With your own eyeballs, have you seen Toyoguard printed on the Monroney label?

2 Likes

its on the window sticker of the 4runner. It came from the port that way. Keep in mind the toyoguard has the paint protector thing which is already on so can’t remove. My issue with Toyoguard is 2 oil changes and filters etc… is pure bull crap, not worth 700 bucks

Side question for you guys… Been reading online that you should not pay for “Doc Fees”, is this true? Also how would i talk them out of charging me for doc fees? Just curious on how i should approach this.I know its going to happen the moment we start going over paper work at dealer, they are gonna come at me with non sense and doc fees cost 500-800 bucks. Thanks guys!

Good lord.

SE Toyota dealers really ARE bolting on useless garbage at the port and padding the MSRP.

Example:

http://mobile.accessories.setbuyatoyota.com/details/Prius/2020/5066/Options/XY9000/151304

This is a new low.

Bought our 4runner TRD Pro from GA and, yes, it comes with all that garbage and NO it can’t be removed. Some of the most aggressive offers came from the SE dealers so the ToyoGuard add-on is a wash anyway. Probably because it is fluff that some won’t ever use. Although OP isn’t quite there yet, at 13-14% off MSRP, do you care that much about the add-ons at that point?

Well, if we’re chasing $7/month, maybe you do care? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

4runner-sticker

Oh, OK. That makes sense.

Have you seen the unbelievable discounts at Kohl’s?!?!?!?!?!?

2 Likes

They’re better at BBBY with the coupons. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wow all I get is chewed on about trying to save as much money as possible… if you can save more why not? It’s not about 7 bucks or not being able to pay it, it’s about the more you pay, the more you need to take away from other things… it’s life and that’s how it works.

Final UPDATE.

Was able to get them to reduce my money factor from .00257 to .00222 and a bit more reduction on car. Instead of paying 539 per month now I will be paying 514 per month. Remember I have a 660 credit. At this point I think I’ve done pretty darn good. Going tomorrow to purchase.

3 Likes

You did good and I think we all give each other a hard time on here for one thing or another so don’t take it personal when it comes to the $7/month comments. I’m not in the business so grinding it out as a consumer is something I do, too. After all, if you’ve owned 25 cars over your lifetime, those small victories add up.

Toyota is so unique when it comes to this, no other make has this setup, not very consumer friendly. On top of this bs, Florida dealers doink you with the ridiculous doc fee.