2020 Subaru Outback Limited 36/12 - $0 DAS - $290 a month

2020 Subaru Outback Limited w/ Popular Package 2
MSRP: $35,388
Selling Price: $31,609
Monthly Payment: $290 w/o tax ($303 w/tax)
Drive-Off Amount: $0 just my Herby Hancock
Months: 36
Annual Mileage: 12,000
MF: .0004
Residual: 58%
Incentives: $500 Holiday Rebate, $303 Subaru Loyalty (first month payment waived)
Region: Midwest
LH score: 10.5

Was coming off a previous Outback lease. Took the car to 5 dealerships and received trade-in quotes all around $21,500, which was close to the lease buyout. Been working this deal pretty hard and ended up getting the dealer up to $23,000 for the trade-in which was huge (car had some significant body damage on quarter panel). I strongly feel that the value was $21,500 and they inflated the buyout to get the deal done. Ended up paying about $45 a month less than my previous lease which was identical 36/12 on an 2017 Outback Limited. Also got them to throw in the wireless charging pad for free, MSRP of $245.

12 Likes

Awesome deal, congrats!

2 Likes

Really nice deal. The NA 4 cylinders are not seeing nearly the take rate because of the new infotainment, so I think we will see more of this for a bit. On the other hand, they can’t keep the XTs in stock.

1 Like

Got mixed reviews in the latest Motor Trend I was just reading but if you love the car grats! Sold deal for Subaru.

In the calculator there is nearly $2850 incentives??

Nice deal, are you able to share the dealer info?

Fantastic deal. Where in the MW are you? I’m in the MW and currently looking for this.

The $800 some in tax incentives was legit ($500 holiday rebate and $300 loyalty).

I dumped the remaining into the untaxed as that is really meant to reflect the over payment on my lease trade in equity. My deal was a legit sign and drive and didn’t want to confuse it but calling it a down payment. Again, the value was around $21,500 from 5 different dealerships. These guys worked it up to $23,000 and the lease buyout was around 21,400.

1 Like

Milwaukee, WI

Subaru City of Milwaukee

I worked with Daniel Montenegro, solid dude.

Not the final dealership I purchased from, as they didn’t have the right color. They were however the ones that were straight forward and easy to work with. Final dealership only matched the deal and had the wife’s color preference…

Thanks BrewCity. Great deal. Im getting quoted over $350 for Premium trims, with $2,000 down.

Good work, BrewCity!!

Quick question…

How did you get value on your previous lease?? Thanks and congrats on the new ride.

All depends on how the residuals were set.

We were a little under our miles, but also had some body damage from a battle the wife lost with a parking column.

I wanted to have a dealership buyout the lease no matter what, as I knew the damage was probably $1k-$2k. When they offered 21.5 it negated the damage. The dealerships kept upping their purchase price of our vehicle which ultimately lowered our monthly.

Ahhh ok I get it. I have never turned in a lease and used that lease towards a new purchase. I will have to look into that.

Thanks again!

That is an outstanding value for the car. I have leased several Subaru’s and it’s a struggle to get to a payment (out the door, sign and drive) at less than 1% of MSRP. Congrats, enjoy the car, you got a great deal.

I just went ahead and reached out to a Illinois Dealer, and got the following:

2020 Subaru Outback Limited w/ Popular Package 2
MSRP: $35,309
Selling Price: $31,300
Monthly Payment: $338 w/o tax
Drive-Off Amount: 1st Month Payment, Plates, Tax, Title, IL Doc Fee
Months: 36
Annual Mileage: 12,000
MF: .00020
Residual: 57%

If you eliminate OP’s trade equity you come in pretty close.

I would say if you want an Outback Limited, that’s probably the best price you will get (given its January 7th).

Residual dropped 1%, but your MF was cut in half… Basically a wash.

The Subaru Loyalty helped me out as well with DAS, dont forget that if you happen to have one.

Nice work!

@dsmbat

Maybe IL dealers will do out of state leases?

1 Like