2020 Range Rover Velar R-Dynamic P250 S loaner 5,200 miles How should I counter?

Hi Guys,
First time looking into this and have tried reading through to grasp MF / Residual value and I have a feeling this deal is pretty underwhelming. (very glad I found this site) Long story short, will be starting a new family soon and looking for a decent deal on a Velar in the NY NJ area. Below is what was quoted and I will try my best to notate from what I’ve read through the forum. Any help is much appreciated!

Not sure if I did this correct in the lease calculator, but when I calculated 10% off MSRP plus changed the MF to .00076 the lease came out to slightly under $630 Monthly, not sure if this is a reasonable counter. Below is what I was offered. (Pictures below as well) !

IMG_2413|375x500

Credit is 800
2020 VELAR R- Dynamic P250 S Loaner 5,200 miles
MSRP -$58,500
Selling Price - $54,150
Residual - 52.445%
39/12k
MF - .00173%
DAS - 5,260.48
Monthly - $747.30
NY ZIP - 11356

went to a NJ dealership.

Good choice. It’s hard to start a family without a Velar.

#VelarMania2021

2 Likes

$860/mo on a $58k loaner velar? That sounds horrible. Like run, don’t walk, bad.

With the mf mark up and the rv knock down for loaner status, you could probably get a new one at msrp for less money.

@AutoCompanion can you help prevent this tragedy?

6 Likes

Or move to Boston and pahk ya Velah on Havahd Yahd: 🦞 BostonCarConcierge Velar Deal for New England-Update 3/12 - #5 by Bostoncarconcierge

2 Likes

Yes, I know not the greatest choice, but wifes preference…

1 Like

I get t! The perfect smooth, undulating lines of the Velar get you aroused and that’s how the baby thing happens!

1 Like

Unfortunately, it got me! the Temptation was too powerful. Also saw the post from bostoncarconcierge, but need 12k mileage plus headsup display and all the useless stuff like black on black trim.

Yeah, the car itself is pretty much exactly what we want, but know I have to walk away from this offer. Wondering if I can counter here

I refuse to believe you or your lovely wife need a HUD. Unless… are you F1 drivers?

1 Like

Aspiring to be… or so it seems.

1 Like

F1 drivers probably wish they had a HUD!

3 Likes

Don’t tell people what they “need” or don’t need :slight_smile:

lets say more than a need, an extremely high want

This car is being sold CPO and not new, it looks like. I imagine that could make it hard to benchmark any deal tbh. Did they explain that?

Can you? Absolutely

Are they going to close thousands of dollars of gap between where you are and where.you should be? With that opening offer, I wouldn’t hold my breath.

2 Likes

they did not explain that, asked them to print the offer and told them it seems a bit high and would be in contact later.

1 Like

So if i understand this correctly basically the MF markup is very high and any other factors here?

I don’t think a CPO Velar is going to make sense as a lease. Find a true demo that can be sold as a new car and not used.

I can hook you up with my guy at Catena but if you already went in you should really stick with the person who took your up.

They had this in the new car section, no signs of CPO there and said it is being sold as a new car accordin the rep. Catena guy named HAZI in edison.

https://www.carfax.com/VehicleHistory/p/Report.cfx?partner=DEY_0&vin=SALYK2EX4LA287087

It is a very sharp looking example.

I see twins in your future, Tony.

1 Like