2020 Ram 1500 Lease

what is non captive and idl cash, also thanks for building the calculator

By non-captive lender, I would read that as not using FCA credit for the financing/lease. Use another company. Some banks do leasing, my local credit union has a setup for leases also.
Sometimes they have a cash discount if you don’t use their financing, that might be “IDL.”
Good luck!

$5,000 down on a Chrysler lease :joy::joy::joy: wow

thats for the trade in

Which is $5000 down…

You own the trade in. It doesn’t matter if you cut the dealership a check that’s a piece of paper or a check that’s shaped like a car, it’s still your money.

1 Like

Chrysler is the last brand I would put any money down on, if I even were to put money down. NEVER PUT MONEY DOWN ON A LEASE! Lol

I think he is just poorly describing what he is doing. He wants to structure the lease with $5000 DAS. He is in Texas, so just the upfront sales tax on a $60K truck is over $3300. Title, tags and fees is another $1400. So out of that $5000, $4700 is taxes, tags and fees and only $300 is an actual down payment. We can debate if these fees should be paid upfront, or not, but it’s not that crazy…

A captive lender is one who is associated to the lender. The captive lender for FCA is CCAP.

A non-captive lender has no association to the lender. Common examples are Ally & US BANK.

Each lender will have different lease programs, with different MV, RF and incentives. Generally you will only find this data on edmunds for the captive lender, non-captive information is generally not public domain. IDL is a bonus incentive that would apply only when using a non-captive lender.

Unfortunately, because trade-in equity is never made tangible, a lot of people remain emotionally detached from the money and it doesn’t seem like it is real. Pulling out $5000 in ones and putting it down is incredibly painful. Putting $5000 on a credit card is no big deal. Putting down a trade-in with $5k in equity is the dealer doing you a favor by disposing of your old car.

Of course, one could say a problem that we deal with as a society as a whole as we move away from tangible currency and is a whole other discussion.

I’m new here. What is IDL

It’s incentives you can only use with a non-captive bank (not Chrysler Capital).