2020 Ram 1500 Lease

Currently I’m about 20 miles north of Dallas and as per my recent posts, some may know I’m looking for a ram 1500. I have found one in Houston which is listed at $52,951 and the msrp is $65,230 which is an almost 19% discount. I got in touch with some people on the edmunds forums who provided the mf and residual based on a truck I customized the only thing is, this truck is in Houston. Do the same incentives for my area ($3500) apply for Houston? If not is there a way to get them to apply? And how do mf vary throughout different areas, like can it be a drastic change? The mf for my area was .00010 based on tier 1 credit. I have filled out the calculator based on the info given to me for the truck I customized, msrp of $58,230 and used the residual (55%) which is equal to $31,900. What do you guys think of the numbers it produces?

leasehackr.com/calculator?make=Ram&miles=12000&msd=0&msrp=52951&sales_price=52951&months=36&mf=.00010&dp=5000&dealer_fee=85&acq_fee=595&taxed_inc=3500&untaxed_inc=0&rebate=0&resP=61&reg_fee=400&sales_tax=6.25&demo_mileage=0&memo=&monthlyTax_radio=true

Does anyone have any insight or input

Incentive application varies per brand, GM applies them based on registration location, BMW and Volvo base on dealer location, etc.

Ask again for dealer location, and btw in calculator you used the wrong tax option, if there is no tax credit, tax is 6.15% on selling price.

BTW FCA dealers are notorious for stacking incentives, skewing numbers in advertisements, etc. You’ll need to figure out what discount is reasonable for this truck in truck country, what the dealer will do, etc.

With proper tax structure: (BTW Negotiate a discount, don’t put 5k down you lose that if your truck is totaled).

$52,951 isn’t the MSRP.

It sure as sh!t won’t be the selling price on the lease, either. It’s listed at that price for a purchase with all purchase incentives thrown in there to get to that price.

What’s even the point of talking about a fantasy calculator when you don’t know what the selling price will be to lease it?

I know the incentives and all that would be different but if I don’t want to pay the taxes up front could I go to a nearby state like Oklahoma?

So if the car is listed for sale at a price, that’s not the price it is?

No, taxes are paid based on where you register the vehicle. There’s no getting out of it.

Advertised prices are notoriously untrue, as they very often don’t include fees or include incentives you don’t qualify for, etc. Not to mention any improvements you have made while negotiating

No it’s not.

FCA dealers are notorious for stacking incentives, skewing numbers in advertisements, etc. You’ll need to figure out what the REAL discount is reasonable for this truck in truck country, what the dealer will do, etc.

TX taxes on the purchase price of the vehicle. Does not matter where they register as long as the OP is in Texas.

Right…he’s registering in texas, which means he can’t go buy in oklahoma to avoid the TX tax.

Which never makes any sense in the first place

it just sucks that in Texas, the tax gets added essentially to the drive off fee instead of the monthly payments.

can i find this out without talking to a dealer?

You can roll it into the payments

Not only can you, you should

Texas is not the only state, brother!

6.25% of the selling price
Location does not matter in TX for registration.

No, for incentives. GM applies incentives based off of customer reg. zip, Volvo & BMW for example base it off dealer region/zip, doesn’t matter most of the time, but when you cross regions to lease/buy it does.

1 Like

GM incentives apply based on customer’s zip? Never heard of that. Especially in TX.