2020 Ram 1500 Lease

I’m not crazy I hope. It’s the reason Chevy was offering that 1400 or something bonus cash specific to Bay Area Bolts during Boltapolooza. It’s based off leasee’s regisration.

how do i find out this info without the nagging of a dealer? do i have to go back to the edmunds forums or will it be on the website of a nearby ram dealership?

so can i or can i not go to different stay as long as im okay with sacrificing an incentive in my zip code? I just want to have the taxes added to the monthly payments instead of the drive off fee

what exactly would I say to a dealer for this because according to the leasehackr calculator, the taxes in texas are added to the drive off fee

You tell the dealer how much you want to pay up front.

They can adjust it to whatever. Just because the calculator defaults to the taxes paid upfront doesn’t mean it has to be be done that way.

Just for reference I found looking for low sale prices useless when searching for Chrysler dealers to work with. The dealer I got my Ram from had it listed as sticker (1 of 2 dealers near me that will usually give good numbers after some back and forth). Had the same luck when I was hunting for GC’s two months ago. The lowest limited X / overland prices I found had mediocre lease deals and wouldn’t budge.

What is a reasonable discount in % in Texas? Laramie or Limited. Hope someone has experience.

FCA affiliate pricing is 1% below invoice before incentives. That would be a good discount target floor.

Hershey is right. GM incentives are based on registration zip and not dealership zip. My first Bolt was from Phil and I registered outside the Bay Area - no $1400.

so I found a limited in houston thats marked for the same price with more of the features that i want, since they base it off registration zip code I wouldnt get the incentive for my zip code but for whatever it is in the houston zip code near the dealership?

so 1% off the $65,230 or the $52,951?

Neither of those are the invoice. You don’t even identify the trim of this truck, or the options, so it’s hard to figure out. With an MSRP of $65,230 I am assuming it’s a Limited. Invoice price on a limited is roughly 8% off MSRP, then add another percent is a 9% off MSRP target. That would put you around $59,359 before applying any incentives. But I suggest you calculate the actual invoice price.

No for GM, I don’t know for FCA.

this is the truck

Incentives don’t apply to used vehicles. Nor do the pricing targets of new vehicles.

It’s a new vehicle. Here is the dealer website link

First off, I think you need to read the reviews of this dealer and decide if it’s something you want to get yourself involved with. If you do proceed, I would make sure I have the whole deal agreed to before traveling.

Next you need to read the fine print: “Advertised price does not include Military Rebate, USAA rebate, subprime bonus cash, or dealer installed items. The advertised price includes all listed rebates above, Trade-in assistance cash, Chrysler capital cash, & first responder bonus consumer cash.” So start peeling back the rebates which you don’t qualify and figure out what you are left with. Also note this “Prices do not include Tax, Title, License Fees, or dealer installed options”

They are showing a $10,622 dealer discount which is about 16%. This discount is illogical. We know invoice is around 8% on a limited and at most they have 3% holdback, so if this was truly a “dealer discount” they would be loosing money. My best guess is they will add back on some unnecessary expenses such as dealer installed options, protection packages and/or multiple destination charges. These are the usually FCA dealer tricks.

Finally, from what I know of the Ram market, the best route seems to be to take the IDL cash and use a non-captive lender. If you went this approach, you could expect around $5975 as a dealer discount and another $6000 in rebates (region permitting). Thus, a more reasonable sales price of this vehicle is around $54,415. You would still need to consider tax/tag/title/fees. If you finance w/ FCA you can slash the rebates in half.

Weird, it pops up like this on the post

so theoretically if i qualify for all incentives the price would be the $52,951? in which case i would plug that in for the price of the car in the calculator and msrp would still be the $65k?

Realistic doesn’t equate to theoretical, that’s the sad part

If you actually get it for $52,951, that would be the selling price in the calculator, and $65,230 would be the MSRP. I’ve gone ahead and built you a calculator which reflects the fantasy sales price, plus the current CCAP MF, RV and lease incentives, as reported by Edmunds. I also added basic assumption fees and TX tax (ouch). I took your down payment out, but this structure still requires $5K DAS.

Keep in mind it would probably be more advantages to use a non-captive and take the IDL cash but I don’t know enough about your market and non-captives rates to build this calculator.