2020 Ram 1500 Lease

Not only can you, you should

Texas is not the only state, brother!

6.25% of the selling price
Location does not matter in TX for registration.

No, for incentives. GM applies incentives based off of customer reg. zip, Volvo & BMW for example base it off dealer region/zip, doesn’t matter most of the time, but when you cross regions to lease/buy it does.

1 Like

GM incentives apply based on customer’s zip? Never heard of that. Especially in TX.

I’m not crazy I hope. It’s the reason Chevy was offering that 1400 or something bonus cash specific to Bay Area Bolts during Boltapolooza. It’s based off leasee’s regisration.

how do i find out this info without the nagging of a dealer? do i have to go back to the edmunds forums or will it be on the website of a nearby ram dealership?

so can i or can i not go to different stay as long as im okay with sacrificing an incentive in my zip code? I just want to have the taxes added to the monthly payments instead of the drive off fee

what exactly would I say to a dealer for this because according to the leasehackr calculator, the taxes in texas are added to the drive off fee

You tell the dealer how much you want to pay up front.

They can adjust it to whatever. Just because the calculator defaults to the taxes paid upfront doesn’t mean it has to be be done that way.

Just for reference I found looking for low sale prices useless when searching for Chrysler dealers to work with. The dealer I got my Ram from had it listed as sticker (1 of 2 dealers near me that will usually give good numbers after some back and forth). Had the same luck when I was hunting for GC’s two months ago. The lowest limited X / overland prices I found had mediocre lease deals and wouldn’t budge.

What is a reasonable discount in % in Texas? Laramie or Limited. Hope someone has experience.

FCA affiliate pricing is 1% below invoice before incentives. That would be a good discount target floor.

Hershey is right. GM incentives are based on registration zip and not dealership zip. My first Bolt was from Phil and I registered outside the Bay Area - no $1400.

so I found a limited in houston thats marked for the same price with more of the features that i want, since they base it off registration zip code I wouldnt get the incentive for my zip code but for whatever it is in the houston zip code near the dealership?

so 1% off the $65,230 or the $52,951?

Neither of those are the invoice. You don’t even identify the trim of this truck, or the options, so it’s hard to figure out. With an MSRP of $65,230 I am assuming it’s a Limited. Invoice price on a limited is roughly 8% off MSRP, then add another percent is a 9% off MSRP target. That would put you around $59,359 before applying any incentives. But I suggest you calculate the actual invoice price.

No for GM, I don’t know for FCA.

this is the truck

Incentives don’t apply to used vehicles. Nor do the pricing targets of new vehicles.