2020 Porsche 911 Carrera S lease review

@fredyge94

Is this a good deal from the OP? Something you can beat?
Asking for a friend :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

This is exactly why I lease expensive cars especially something like a 911. You get in any sort of minor wreck, need paintwork or anything like thatā€¦you are fā€™ed.

1 Like

Can one do the usual ā€œcall 50 dealers and work them for the best dealā€ with Porsche?In other words, is this method as fruitful as it is with other makes?

Why not buy a nicely discounted super low miles 4-5 year old cpo that is nicely depreciated and then drive it for 2-3 years and flip it. It seems very unlikely you would lose 60+k dollars that way. On two cpo Porscheā€™s I have literally broken even on each.

Also for the one that had a bmw lemon: Porsche isnā€™t any better at lemon law buybacks than anyone else. Iā€™m not sure if Iā€™m allowed to give details about my situation but letā€™s just say you need to get a lawyer and all manufacturers will fight you. None of them want to do the right thing from what Iā€™ve heard.

Because he prob wants a 992.

4 Likes

As far as the 10% off on the 992, it is the best discount Iā€™ve seen since the model came out. If he can provide me his zip code, and total amount due upfront at sign, I can make sure that the money factor is not marked up.

And no, it doesnā€™t make sense to compete against a 10% off on a 992. 911s are profit cars. Not volume.

1 Like

Iā€™ve been testing the Porsche market recently, and this looks like a great deal. Hard to get good discounts off the 992.

1 Like

Pre Covid I saw a dealer advertise a C2 115k msrp at 0 down 1500. I think it was 7.5k miles a yr. I thought that was pretty good.

Yes, Base car has higher residual also. So it can be in the $1400 range

Edited: 0 down or 0 DAS? Not too many Porsche deals to go off of, but 10% on a 911 sounds pretty good. MSRP varies a lot on these, but heres a broker deal posted.

šŸ’„ EXOTIC LEASE SPECIALS - Lamborghini, Rolls-Royce, Bentley, Porsche & Lotus (Updated 3/20/20) <- not sure about the msrp of their car, and theyā€™re at 7.5k/yr, so you might be in line with it

Other things you might look at for that price are an AMG GTC or Vantage, but the 911 is probably a better daily driver.

Just curious, whatā€™s the difference between those 2? :thinking:

2 Likes

Yā€™all need to stop suggesting other cars

Clearly OP knows cars and what he wants

He is shopping for the best deal or a good deal on a particular car

9 Likes

Lol was wondering the same

2 Likes

Iā€™ll second that - OP will not be driving a deal, theyā€™ll be driving a car. If this is a DD then that matters just as much at this price point.

2 Likes

Meant to say 0 down!

Meant to say 0 down! 101010

I think in the coming months these cars get much cheaper, 2009 they where taking 40k off sticker and this same car then was only 100k

Same issue with 750, always had trouble with engine.custom ordered, with nearly all options, and ever since I got it, it was by the dealer. Replaced engine as when took it in they realized was only running on 4 cylinders. BMW was making every excuse, and since only 24 month lease, not worth the headache battling them. Porsche is really the most well rounded and reliable in its league.

1 Like

Personally, I would just buy it instead. Thereā€™s no way (short of piling an obscene amount of miles on it, or wrecking it in a substantial way) that the car would depreciate by the equivalent of $70k in lease payments in the next 39 months if youā€™re starting out with a 10% discount off MSRP.

1 Like

10% is a good discount on a lower spec, however, since the MSRP is essentially at the MRM of $141,700 the discount would have to be substantially higher to offset the build. Quite simply, the car has way too much equipment. Additionally, the residual on a coupe for a 39/10k term is 58%. To the extent the OP is willing to shell out north of $130k or so, he might as well wait for the launch of the GTS.