2020 Mustang Ecoboost, LEASE or FINANCE

Hi all

I spent few days in this and other forums, I know that Ford mustangs are bad for leasing and financing, and if I want one better to go with GT, BUT I drove The Ecoboost model, and that fits my needs.

I came up with some numbers, so I need your help to understand, which one is better

Car MSRP is $33,500
Selling Price is $29,485

LEASE: My monthly payment is $450 with $1000 drive off, so in 3 years I would have spent $17,200
FINANCE: If I do 5 years with 2.9APR, my monthly payment is around $540, and after 3 years I would have spent $19,440.

If I want to buy out the car for both scenarios.

LEASE - The Residual is 49%, so buying out would cost me $16,415.
FINANCE - I will have to pay the rest of 2 years, which will be $12,960.

So which option do you guys think I should go with?

Based on the Camaro thread that just got posted, I’d consider the other white meat.

3 Likes

Yeah really… Maybe Chevy is figuring out a way to at least on paper be competitive in the segment now. It might bite them in the rear later when they get returned, but when has that stopped any auto maker?

Can you gimme a link to that post plz ?

I drove an ecoboost with the performance package, 330 horse with a manual. I know they’re quicker on paper, but it didn’t feel any better than my 2.0 accord. I can’t remember what I was calculating for a lease on one of those, certainly more than the LT1.

Well, I drove the regular one, it was alot more quicker than my Camry 2.5L, (didn’t drive accord).
Anyway, I enjoyed the mustang the most out of WRX, Camaro, and Golf GTI.

I mean I can add 50$ and lease a Tesla lol, but I want the muscle :slight_smile:

Go buy one that’s a year old for half the price.

2 Likes

Those cars do not have 64% Residual, that is weird, how he come up with that …

That’s around 7% APR and the price is still around $24k-$26k on the same car with $10k miles on it.

Edmunds is reporting that they do

You are right, I checked 2020 ones…
64% vs 49% :frowning:

You need to find a new bank. Yes the residuals on the LT1s this month make it a no brained if you’re shopping in this class.

Yeah, Im trying to get best value and fun drive between Camaro/Mustang/Charger
Seems like Charger has some good deals too, and high RV as well.

But what about the sound quality?