All, need your inputs for following lease. Negotiated
2020 MDX Advanced
MSRP : 59,675
Selling Price: $50,175
12K/Yr Miles, Residual: 53%
Incentive: 2000 for loyality, and 750 for First Res ponder

Payment with tax: 552.00 per month
Drive off: $1550.00

How much of that discount is the direct to dealer incentive vs actual discount?

MSRP is $59675.00

Dealer Sales Price: $50175

Rebate goes to dealer: $2750 additional

I think you missed what I was asking. Acura tends to have significant direct to dealer incentives, particularly on the mdx and tlx right now. This is separate from the $2750 rebate and makes up most of that $9500 discount. You’ll want to figure out how much that incentive is so you can properly target the right pre-incentive discount amount.

There will be an all-new MDX soon so if you can wait for a few months, you should be able to get a better deal on the leftover “old” MDX cars.

The manufacturer to dealer incentive is $7,600 on the MDX.

$7600? Costco website says $1500 on 2020 MDX. Where to see exact incentive number?

Some simple research on the web, here is one resource that I have found to be reliable, and please make sure you are clear on what a “manufacturer to dealer” incentive is vs. a “manufacturer to customer” incentive. They are 2 very different things. http://www.realcartips.com/news/0651-biggest-hidden-rebates.shtml

Thank you for help… It is really useful help. I will see other dealer.

You’re not going to find any dealer that tells you how much the direct to dealer incentive is.

1 Like

It’s not $7600 everywhere. Some locations have higher dealer cash with high MFs while others have lower dealer cash with lower MFs. I believe it’s $4450 dealer cash in CA, but @sellahilan needs to confirm himself/herself.

1 Like

As suggested, spend 10 minutes on edmunds.com (see link below) to request the current MF, RV and lease cash available for your specific vehicle and region. You post a customized version of the following question and wait for a response (usually less than one business day): “Dealer zip code 98765. 36/10k. 2020 Model AWD. Please share the latest MF, RV and lease cash.” Note: you need to provide a dealer zip code where you plan to negotiate the deal plus year, make, model, and drive.
https://forums.edmunds.com/discussions/tagged/x/leasing/p1
Follow the link and on your right hand side you will see where you can browse make and model to find the dedicated make/model forum to post your question. Search your specific forum and you will see lots of people posting similar questions.

@Jon fully agree! Many factors involved. If it were me, I would decide on my targeted cost and make an offer, along with a 2nd number of how much I would agree to come up, if my initial offer wasn’t accepted. Plenty of guidance on this website, and amazing people that assist + offer perspectives.

Thank you all.

Finally all helps.

I got the car.
MDX Adv - FWD
MSRP : $57145
Selling Price: $47900 MF 0.00069
Rebate: $2000 (Loyalty)

Final selling Price : $45900 with MF 0.00069

Payment =$503+Tax =$ 544 per month
Drive off: $1044

1 Like

Hard work paid off. Congrats.

Can you clarify a few points to help those that are working on MDX leases.

The $45,900 final selling price, is there any Acura dealer cash in this figure? I am trying to figure out your Pre-Incentive discount off MSRP.

Is the MF 0.00069 the buy rate MF?

Thanks.

MSRP was $57145

There are two MF deals are going now at ACURA.
0.00069 - Less $4400 incentive
0.00225 - $7800 Incentive.

I have checked all dealers in Northern California. Concord Acura gave $48900 selling price (before $2000 loyalty).

I have asked, $47,400 selling price (before $2K), with $1044 drive off. He came back $47,900 selling price, and after 2K loyality, $45,900 with $1544 drive off. (He put acquisition fee as part of drive off). Then, he took off $500 off on drive off and made $1044 drive off and told me , this pricing only valid today. Seems good deal.

Most other dealers gave $48,500+ with 0.00225 MF. Only concord gave above pricing.

So, I decided to get a car. After come home, sent small gift card and thank you card for my car sales person. He was so nice.

Nicely done. Thanks for the information. Here is what I see from the info you shared, please adjust if I made an error.

$57,145 MSRP
$ 4,400 Acura Direct-to-Dealer Lease Cash
$ 4,845 Dealer Discount, 8.5% Dealer Discount
$47,900 Agreed Upon Value of Vehicle (see Gross Capitalized section of your agreement)

$ 2,000 Loyalty Incentive

$45,900 Adj Cap Cost before any capitalized fees/add-ons. $595 Acq fee DAS.

$ 500 Nice Guy DAS credit

1 Like

Thank you for summary. Confirm above numbers are right.

Payment: $503 + Tax (8.25%) = $544 per month. Drive off : $1044

Miles: 12K/ Year and RV : 53% MF 0.00069

I got 5K miles less on last lease, that is rolled over to this lease. So, I got 41K miles for 3 yrs.

Anybody know how to sweet talk an Acura dealer to knock off DAS by $500 bucks? I am sure @aspec1 would do it, but not sure if I can talk anyone else into it.

I did not even talk over phone. All over email and text. Once price agreed, just went and picked up the car with few signatures. Very nice sale person.

He did exactly what chat via email and text.