2020 MB C300 Deal Review

Looking for some feedback on this offer. It’s a 2020 MB C300 courtesy loaner with about 5k miles on it. MSRP is $51,405 and selling price is $38,000.

Car is being titled in MD, so taxes are upfront on the selling price. :frowning: The dealer quote is coming in a little less than the leasehackr caluator ($439 vs $457).

They marked up the MF a bit to 0.00115.

Dealer quote is
Lease (Monthly)

36 Mo
$440 $439
$2,500 $378
$4,500 $318

MSRP/Retail $51,405.00
Selling Price $38,000.00
Government Fee $272.75
Proc/Doc Fee $899.00
Capitalized Taxes $2,360.29
Gross Cap Cost $43,066.20
Cash Cap Reduction $440.00
Cap Cost Reduction $440.00
Adjusted Cap Cost $42,626.20
Paid by Customer $440.00

Adding the MSDs would drop this down another $50 per month.

Thoughts?

MSD is a no brainer. Get the full details from the dealer to find the discrepancy in calculator. Otherwise, seems like a strong deal on a highly optioned C class.

1 Like

Thanks! Definitely going with the MSDs. I wasn’t sure if their markup on the MF was within reason. For my last lease I found a dealership that went with the base MF rate. But the price on this car is very good!

You can always push for base MF, but they’re giving a giant discount off MSRP to compensate, it looks.

Looks like you might have a very nice deal. We need a little more info to understand the full scope of your deal. Can you share:

1. Are you getting any conditional incentives like loyalty, conquest, etc? List out any incentives you will receive. Plus, MB should be giving about $500 in MB-to-dealer lease cash to lower your price. Confirm with edmunds your amount.
  2. We need to know your selling price BEFORE any incentives. Is the $38,000 SP before any incentives?
  3. I believe the MF for July was 0.00075 (assume your car is a 4Matic sedan based on RV). If the rate still applies your dealer is marking it up by 0.00040. You should ask edmunds what the current MF is as well as the lease cash on your car. A MF markup is fine as long as you get a nice MSRP discount in exchange. You can approx your mark up cost by running your calculator at the markup MF and buy rate MF and compare.

Is the dealer in MD? Isn’t doc capped at $299?

1. I am getting the $500 MB-to-dealer cash. Nothing else at the moment.
  2. Online price was $38,500. They knocked off the $500 above.
  3. That makes sense. At 26% off MSRP I was going to push too hard on the MF. But I am curious about the cost difference and will run it through the calculator.

When I talk to them tomorrow, I’ll ask for the full cost sheet. It seems like a pretty good deal even if there’s a little fluff in it.

Thanks!

The dealer is in VA. Not sure what, if any, caps they may have on fees. That did seem a little excessive.

That reminds me though. My current MB lease ends this month. I think MBFS waives the disposition fee on that car if I lease a new MB?

I’d be shocked if they didn’t.

Pretty much every captive/lessor does.

You have a current MB lease and you won’t get any loyalty?

No cap on dealer fees in VA. $499 in MD now.

Not sure yet. That was just the initial offer sheet I got. I’m going to call them today and see what else I can get.

Good to know. Thanks!

Can you share the dealer info? I am in MD and looking for similar model with 7.5K/year lease. I couldn’t find 7.5k lease here in MD.

Haggling over the Loyalty Bonus. They’re saying it’s already in the price. :roll_eyes:

I forgot that as a Penfed member I have access to a Fleet discount as well. I guess I ask for that to be applied as well.

Well, that deal fell through, so I’m working on another car.

Looking for some feedback on my second attempt at a new lease. It’s a 2020 MB C300 courtesy loaner with about 6k miles on it. MSRP is $45,845 and selling price is $35,050 (Includes $1,500 Loyalty Cash).

Car is being titled in MD, so taxes are upfront on the selling price. :frowning: The dealer quote is coming in a little less than the leasehackr calculator ($328 vs $351).

I couldn’t find the MF for a 36/7500 on Edmunds, but I’m sure they marked up the MF to 0.00125.

Thoughts?

You can NOT properly evaluate a lease deal without knowing the MF in your deal and the buy rate MF (edmunds). Dealers will build profit into the MF - so you need to adjust your selling price offer accordingly. I strongly suggest you get these 2 key money factor figures.

Pre-Incentive Discount is the critical variable in any Lease deal. You are looking at your discount after all your incentives. I suggest you reconsider your approach and begin evaluating your deal based on Pre-Incentive.

Plus, as I mentioned earlier a MF mark-up sucks value out of your deal. It looks like you think your dealer is running your deal at 0.000125 - that is well above what my region’s buy rate MF is (0.00075 for 4Matic). IF all my assumptions are correct, you are getting a 16.7% pre-incentive discount at my buy rate MF. Most people here will tell you to push the discount higher if you can - 20% (@ buy rate) is the high water mark in normal markets. There maybe more meat on the bone for you - even in this dealer friendly market. You won’t know unless you push; stop when you get all you can.

$45,845 MSRP
$35,050 After ALL Incentives Selling Price
$10,795 Total Discount

$ 1,500 Loyalty Incentive
$ 500 MB-to-Dealer Lease Cash (assumed, confirm with Edmunds)
$ 8,795 Dealer Discount on Demo
19.2% Pre-Incentive Discount WITH MF Mark-UP
16.7% Pre-Incentive Discount adjusted for MF mark-up +0.00050

I actually think it looks like a decent deal. Agree that you should try to get the actual MF (and consider doing MSDs).

Sorry if I wasn’t quite clear. The MF they are using is the .00125 I used in the calculator.