2020 Mazda CX-9 Grand Touring FWD Lease Quote Assist

Hello! In the middle of negotiations for a CX-9. Agreed upon selling price is $40,269. He lowered price by $395 to account for the scotchguard I didn’t want, making it $39,874. Looking for 36 months/10k miles in 92637. I do not want to put any money down, just fees and first payment. MF is supposed to be .00015 with a 59% residual. I should be qualifying for $720 lease cash only, though the Mazda website does have first lease payment paid by Mazda (up to $500). He comes back with these numbers that look very high to me:

36 months, 10k annual miles;

$1,000 due at signing = $537/month including tax
$2,000 due at signing = $508/month including tax
$3,000 due at signing = $479/month including tax

On approved credit.

Looks like you posted on Edmunds already so you’re getting under 6% on this with no incentives.

This deal sucks, and the lack of programs isn’t helping. I would seriously consider another car or keep shopping to see if you can find a more aggressive dealer.

I’m at $460 for an AWD CX-9 with zero down except first month (fees and 8.6% taxes) and that included the premium paint and $500 remote start. And I know that was a mediocre deal I got at the time.

See if any brokers can get you something better or if you can wait til programs improve.

Thanks for your input Cyberdemon. What was your final selling price including incentives? I think my dealer’s numbers are off. I’m waiting for him to send me the lease worksheet. Starting at $43,090 MSRP --> $40,269 selling price --> minus lease cash (720), his error he’s eating (280), and first lease payment promo from Mazda (500). $38,769 not including taxes and fees. I don’t think they’re going to come down much lower than that. The payment he’s proposing is awfully high with only fees DAS.

Did you run the calculator to confirm the money factor matches what Edmunds told you?

I don’t recall my final discount but my deal was 2 years ago so the residual was high and MF was low and there were some additional programs like conquest available.

This is abismal.

Run away

This is why piecemeal negotiations (“let me negotiate the selling price first”) are such a waste of time.

I think I’m getting jacked on the money factor.

Good call asking for the lease worksheet - it is much better than the simplified deal sheet the dealer shared with you. I don’t think the dealer is giving you credit for the $720 lease cash or the 1st month credit - the lease worksheet will make this plain.

There are many rough spots in your deal:

1. Very poor Pre-Incentive Discount from the Dealer at 5.8% ( 3216-720=2496 /43090 )
    I backed out the $720 incentive Mazda is giving you because I assume the dealer is showing it in the 3216 discount figure. Why? I don’t see it in the “Total Rebate” line - which is where I would expect it.

2. The dealer marked up the MF from 0.00015 to 0.00115. This is a painful markup - I hope the dealer made an input error.

3. You asked for no money down and inception DAS. It looks like you got 1356 in cap reduction, all inception rolled into the lease except 1st month (which Dealer should rebate you for) and sales tax on cap reduction.

As others have pointed out this is not a deal you should be happy with. You can clean up this deal with the dealer but I suspect you be reaching out to others dealers to get something more to your liking.

You are faced with a dealer-friendly marketplace. COVID caused a shut down in production. Inventory on all badges is tight. Tight inventory = less discount. But 6% and a big MF markup is ugly.

What pre-incentive discount are you targeting? I don’t have any specific CX-9 experience so I can be of little help suggesting something for you to shoot for.

That MF mark up is an extra ~$2300, not $360

With the bs aftermarket add ons, this deal is basically $500 off MSRP.

You are correct. I mixed up my figures. The base MF is $360 over 3 years and the mark up is $2,360 over 3 years.

I initially offered 38,800 pre-incentive. He declined. I figured he would. His initial offer was 40,269, but that was with the 500 July 4th discount. It was today and he gave it to me anyways. I wanted the 395 for the scotch guard removed, so he reduced the price by that much. Lease cash is 720, but he listed on the sheet as 1000, so he threw in the 280 for his error. <<hang in there guys!!!>> So now we’re at 39,594 before that 720 comes off. You can take another 500 off for first lease payment paid compliments of Mazda. Mazda only marks up 5% above invoice.

I realized the current covid situation was not going to make this easy. And I’m not sure when this is going to end or will decent car deals show up any time soon. Even when the 2021s start coming in. Plus there aren’t very many CX-9s and in the color/trim (and with no captain seats) that I want.

Looks like I need to address that money factor with him.

Just so you know, I have been offered this. Can replicate for you in Socal

Black/Black CX9 GT in stock
36 Months 10k/yr
$1245 Drive Off
$399 + tax=$436

1 Like

What are you doing man? You’re in SoCal. Use a broker. This is a horrendous deal. Don’t waste another second on it.

1 Like

Or they could just reach out to me, LOL, but yeah, really bad deal!

1 Like

Just sent you a DM.

@Buymywings @Jeff_BeachCitiesAuto (SoCal broker) just posted his July deals. Pilot LX posted, I assume he can get you into a higher trim for well below the CX-9 you posted. Good luck.

1 Like

Thanks for the tag. Yes I’m doing very low leases on Pilots of all trim levels, would be happy to run numbers on it

I’ve already settled on the CX-9. If you can work your magic on a particular car, I’m interested. I’m pretty frustrated with this dealer. He’s off for 2 days, and can get me the lease worksheet Friday AM when he’s back at the office. Plus I asked for pre-incentive selling price and it was already in the agreed upon price. And don’t get me started on the MF!

Update: Dealer agreed the MF was in error, and it is .00015. So if the selling price is $39154 with incentives, is the a decent deal? (MSRP $43090)