2020 Lamborghini Huracan

For a few thousand dollars more you could own a terrible Gallardo instead if you really wanted to. It’s only been in one body of water!

https://www.autotempest.com/details/ag-1?showDescription=1

1 Like

that’s McLaren 720s money. The huracan doesn’t stack up that well against a 720 which is basically a hypercar lite. If you are married to the huracan than so be it but I think the 720 is more car for the money and has much sharper lines than a huracan.

I normally argue against what I just said above about suggesting other cars but I’ll be honest $4500/mo is way way too much for what you get out of a huracan, for that kind of money I would want aventadoresque performance and lines.

Also are we talking 2 5k miles/yr? 5k miles/yr I skimmed over the posts but I didn’t see miles anywhere.

Novitec exhaust fixes one of the few things the huracan is better at vs a stock 720s.

This comes out to just under $4k if you add the 26k to monthly and multiply $33xx by 1.095 for 9.5% monthly tax.

That’s just a stock deal I’m sure a broker could do way better than 5 minutes of research for whatever supercar you decide to go after.

2 Likes

Isn’t that ed bolian’s?

Kimmi do you have butt implants?

1 Like

Never thought I’d see the day where a Lamborghini customer is on lease hacker chiseling down a Huracan lease :rofl:

3 Likes

It is! That thing was a massive POS.

Buy a used one. You should be able to get into a '15 - '17 in the 150-160k range. Drive it for two years, sell it and likely only be out 20-40k in depreciation, depending on the mileage you put on it.

Assuming a 5 year loan on 160k, you will likely be paying 3k/month. In two years, you will own about 100k on the loan and probably be able to sell the car for 120-140k.

3 Likes

We had a broker with rolls Royce when I first joined,

Somebody on this forum wanted a G wagon in Feb and my advice was wait a few weeks for the virus to tank the market.

I’m giving that same advice again. It’s utter carnage out there and the retail investor has no idea what’s coming later this summer. Some distressed debt is selling for less than $.02 on the dollar. My advice to people is be patient as you’ll probably find really great things to do with your cash over the next 24 months. Plus you may not even really want to be driving around a car like this if things really go south. I have a couple nice vehicles worth a couple hundred K leased and sitting and I honestly can’t wait for the leases to come up later this year.

1 Like

Are you open to any other exotics? 600LT has a pretty good lease.

that’s McLaren 720s money

Not really feeling the Macs. I actually found a comparable 720s lease but after comparing, I decided the brand’s lineup didn’t do it for me.

Never thought I’d see the day where a Lamborghini customer is on lease hacker chiseling down a Huracan lease :rofl:

I’m here to learn because I’ve never leased before. I didn’t make my money by wasting it on bad deals.

You should be able to get into a '15 - '17 in the 150-160k range. Drive it for two years, sell it and likely only be out 20-40k in depreciation, depending on the mileage you put on it.

This is actually what I’m leaning towards now. Yeah I can’t get the perfect '20 spec I wanted but a used one could hold me over for a couple years while I build my auto credit. Had I done that previously I wouldn’t even be having this discussion. Thanks for all the feedback everyone.

6 Likes

Leasing exotics usually makes no sense, especially in these times. Regardless of how the overall market and dealers weather the storm, there will be outliers and distressed private sales.

Be patient while this plays out but be prepared to jump quickly when an opportunity presents itself.

And no, this is not about kicking people when they’re down. A somewhat aggressive private offer is still going to be better than the lowball trade-in offers that dealers will give the seller.

4 Likes

Happened in 08, will happen again. I’d keep an eye on forums like FerrariChat, Rennlist, HuracanTalk, etc. That’s usually where they go down.

6 Likes

This whole thread doesn’t make any sense, why would you one pay over a $100k for a 2 year lease? I would think this idea is the way to go :point_down:. Or just rent one when you get the itch, this would an awful daily driver, how many miles does this lease allow?

2 Likes

The lease allows 2,500mi. I also own a daily driver Honda and have no commute (full-time work from home).

Thanks for the input. I have next to no barometer when it comes to these kinds of deals so your “outrage” [at the deal terms] helps me set that level for myself.

The i8 seems to be a bargain of a supercar, I’m always shocked when I see people post sub $1000/mo payments on those.

1 Like

Nothing like leasing a Lamborghini and having a Honda as your driver car :joy::joy::joy::joy:

4 Likes

What do you do for work?

Have you considered 2 Aston vantages instead? You could do different colors for the beginning and end of the week

7 Likes

The i8 is not a supercar.

6 Likes

Couldn’t he have 4 at this price?

1 Like

The 12 year old boy in all of us wants to unlock the “supercar” achievement, but…

for that money I’d have an i8, a Vantage, and the loadest-loaded RR Sport. And probably an eTron.

2 Likes