2020 Jetta SE - MO

Hey Everyone,

Looking to lease a Jetta for my wife and received the following quote and would like to gain your opinion on whether you think I can do better. I am located in the Midwest.

36 MONTH LEASE
MSRP $24,345
Cap Cost $19,910
MF .00001
Residual 45% (10,000 miles/year)
License Fees $30 (INCLUDED IN LEASE)
Admin Fee $199.50 (INCLUDED IN LEASE)
VW Lease Acq Fee $675 (INCLUDED IN LEASE)
BASE PAYMENT $274.19
PAYMENT W/ USE TAX $297.77 (8.6%)

The only thing is that extremely low residual (and insanely low MF). To be clear, the low MF is great, but the residual is what is ruining the deal. Check Edmunds for those just to make sure that you have the right values.

A bit off topic, but have you looked at other vehicles in the segment? Not saying the Jetta is a bad car, but I am sure there are similar vehicles that would have more favorable numbers and similar (if not more) discount.

That residual though :nauseated_face:

edit: this broker showing a 5% higher RV than you on same trim. Are you sure you aren’t shopping a 2019?

Yeah double check the residual and mf, those look like 2019 numbers @randal

This car does not lease very well but you can do way better.

I just leased the performance model Jetta GLI for same out of pocket, lease included 3 years vw care prepaid maintenance, and my payment is lower.

Jetta GLI is an awesome car. Great job! Much higher residual too. Maybe the dealer is hiding something (though the residual is set by bank not dealer).

I think you’re right, that residual is likely for a 2019 vs 2020.