Signed - 2019 VW Jetta GLI S $294.58/month

Year, Make, Model, and Trim: 2019 VW Jetta GLI S 6 Speed Manual
MSRP: $27,960
Monthly Payment: $294.58
Drive-Off Amount: $620.58 (1st month + plates/registration)
Months: 36
Annual Mileage: 10,000
MF: .00042
Residual: 50%
Incentives: $2,500 lease cash included in net sales price
Region: Chicago/Midwest
Leasehackr Score: 7.6
Leasehackr Calculator Link: CALCULATOR | LEASEHACKR

The easiest way to reproduce this in the calculator was to increase the net sales price by all of the fees capitalized. I will include the breakdown. As VW continues to spend increasing amounts on marketing to recover from their emission scandal, and the new Atlas SUV seems quite popular (I see them all over the road), they are becoming less and less generous with leasing. For comparison, I leased a 2017 GLI with a similar structure for $294.58 which was 36/15k with a 56% residual and .0001 MF and I paid for VW Care maintenance. They originally quoted me $311 for the new car but eventually got them to match my same existing payment, and they also included VW Care (basically just reducing the sales price by that amount of their cost). I feel it’s quite a fair deal given the lease terms are worse and this only took about 1 hour of texting my repeat sales guy to put together. Did not shop around, maybe could have done better but more convenient and less hassle for me, as this was more about the car and not the deal.

2 Likes

For a GLI that looks really solid, ditch the maintenance and add partner program and squeeze a little more, maybe someone could get one to $250

1 Like

Sounds doable. I think you need the manual though because DSG transmission doesn’t lease as well. Good thing manual is my only must have :). There seem to be quite a few in dealer inventory this late into the 2019 model year (at least around Chicago) so I’m sure several dealers could be motivated to sell.

The 2019 was a later release than normal, new model. The 2020’s have just started to trickle in, at least in Colorado.

nice, i didn’t see any advertised around here

Nice! Will be looking for a GLi Autobahn Manual in SoCal when my current GLi lease expires in May. Good to hear about your deal!

I wanted the Autobahn trim, only to learn that they lease horribly- and yes, I was highly disappointed I couldn’t get the deal done this past Nov/Dec. IMO- good looking car, solid (Audi-like) dash, however- I was going to spend a luxury-car price to lease one!

I was in the same boat. The 2017 GLI my lease was ending on only had one trim level at that time with the extras. I originally wanted the autobahn but no way to make that deal work with the current lease program.

2 Likes