2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude, good deal?

Although, Jeep Grand Cherokee Altitude Lease Terribly this month. This deal sucks. What’s your zip code?

Edit: it actually just make more sense to keep the vehicle for a little longer. You still have 8 payments that have to go somewhere, Jeep doesn’t offer Pull aHead

the numbers they show you here dont match 399/month

Where should they be?

you have incentives there that dont even go together. Theyre not giving you a discount on the sale price before incentives. At that sale price and those residuals and MF your payments are not 399. None of what they gave you makes much sense at all.

You should be targeting 10% off MSRP pre-incentives. Otherwise find another dealer. I don’t see that here.

JGC design is old and the new WL is due out next year, thus residuals are poor making it not a great lease even with the low MF and decent rebates. I would avoid 42 months – it’s longer then the warranty plus extra maintenance costs.

2 Likes

As I said initially, $399 with $2500 down is the most made up BS payment I’ve ever seen. They’ll figure out how to get there…

2 Likes

It’s like anything that is 399 or that weird number like that is made up but to another level.

It’s a spitball number. F&I will figure out how to get it close. Oh sir great news, your payment is only $398.27 :man_facepalming:

Danhouse
Don’t be a fool. Wait the 8 months. The auto market is going to get weaker and weaker as the months go on. You will save a ton a money by October.

I’m curious I hear this a lot. How does finance seem to do this? How are they changing numbers?

Because monthly payment is an output, not an input…99% of people don’t even read their contract so not very hard to manipulate all of the variables to get to $399.99 per month with maximum dealer profit.

Abysmal discount. FWIW dealers around me are offering ~7900 off on these.
https://saintpaul.furymotors.com/vehicle-details/new-2020-jeep-grand-cherokee-altitude-4x4-st-paul-mn-id-33739124

I understand now. Thank you

I always wondered. Why does it matter if the dealer is making a profit off of the set monthly budget by customer? Does it really matter who’s making a profit when the customer is getting the $399 a month they asked for anyways?

Well, if the customer wants to light money on fire, no it doesnt matter. But if the customer wants to get the best deal, save the most money, then it absolutely matters.

Please explain if the customer had a budget of $399 a month for a car with a MSRP of say $50k. If the dealer honored that monthly and the drive offs weren’t out of whack, how is the customer lighting money on fire?

Well, if many others are getting that same vehicle for $300/mo, then the customer left $99/mo on the table.

What your budget is does not correlate to what a reasonable price for a vehicle is. They are unrelated variable.

Then he goes to dealer and asks for it at $300 a month. :wink:

Not a single dealer would give it to me for $300 a month. They looked at me like I was an idiot requesting that payment