2020 Jag F type SVR

Plenty. This is more responsive.

And this wont age as terribly as a tesla.

Cult of Tesla resale value is rediculously high. I saw people asking 50k on a 6 year old p85 without autopilot. But, how is the new defender, I’ve been drooling even though I can’t afford it.

Phenomenal. Best car JLR has built hands down. The build quality, off-road capability, and on-road comfort are unparalleled. It’s more comfortable than a full-size. Seriously as someone who is a pretty big critic of Jaguar Land Rover the Defender deserves more hype.

Maybe a bit biased towards employer lol…but a list of features just states ability to download updates without music interruption. I see nothing that innovative past a large Android phone stuck in horizontal mode. If responsiveness is the key feature I would like to see it up against CDJR uconnect systems as Tesla’s infotainment is the equivalent of a full tablet in your car.

More responsive than UConnect. I wasn’t stating that it was anything crazy new and innovative, it’s just visually appealing and extremely responsive which the brand hasn’t had before. What more could you really ask for?

Also, I’ve been quite verbal about how I hate 80% of our product line :rofl:

Tesla’s are nice while they work. MCU flash chip read and write errors, and LCD leakage anyone?

Maybe Netflix haha…

I mean that’s nice when you are sitting at a charging station for 30 minutes but not really necessary in a gas vehicle.

While I’d say I definitely am not biased toward my own brand, I do hate all EVs in general.

Completely interdependent on your needs and expectations from an infotainment system. Of course supercharging requires some down time and more screen time we may not need. Love or hate ev’s it’s the future…especially with what is happening to oil right now.

My dad’s confident that this lease is his last pure ICE car. I’m hopeful I’ll see it before I graduate school, but honestly, charging and batteries are the bottle neck. The new roadster, that VW prototype, and the Taycan have all proven EVs can run with the big boys, and be as comfortable and handle better as well.

However, sitting at a charger watching HBO isn’t a future I’d like to see, when it becomes sub 10 minute, with graphene or solid state batteries, or whatever unseen horizon technology emerges, I feel that is the saturation point, when any EV doubter can be confident enough to daily an EV, and keep an ICE as a hobby fun car.

I don’t doubt this in the slightest, I’ll just never own one by choice. Personal preference.

I just want to see an EV that can compete financially without having to be tax payer subsidized.

2 Likes

You will…take any industry and the new kid in the block is always the most expensive. Plasma TV’s were and still are the best from a picture quality perspective, but they were bulky , expensive and horrible for the environment. People kicked and screamed when manufactures announced stop dates. Now we just accept mediocrity outside of a few Oled’s the picture will never be the same. Look at the cost of TV’s now.

As someone who has benefited from such subsidies about 10 times, I agree.

It’s unbelievable! I just bought three 55" UHD TVs with Dolby Vision, etc. for like 300 bucks each. I actually “splurged” on these, there were others that were literally in the mid 200s. When I picked up the TV box to put it in the back of my truck, I almost threw it over the top of the bed! I was expecting it to be much much heavier than it was as these things are now featherweights.

To me it looks like the evil spawn of the original Honda Element and a Toyota FJ Cruiser, with a splash of Ford Flex.

OLED is definitely better than Plasma in most ways, including: size, color accuracy, response time, and contrast.

We could nerd out in this else where but your wrong in all aspects except size. Oled is brighter and has deeper blacks which gives calibration tools somewhat falsified readings when color accuracy comes to play. Oled colors fade over time plasmas do not. Response time isn’t a unit of measurement in plasma because the picture is instantaneous. Back in the day manufactures asked sellers to add response times because that’s what led manufactures used as a selling tool. Different technology altogether. Contrast I will split with you as that is measured from black to color…being that oled can shut pixels offs for deep inky blacks and are brighter then plasma…contrast will always win but is only one portion of the true image quality of the picture. Uniformity, lifespan, viewing angle, motion blur…all hands down go to plasma.

Side note - LG oled as main viewing tv, 65in Samsung 8500 plasma in spare room. And the king of all TV’s 42in pioneer elite still kicking.

How did we go from F-Type to EV bashing to Plasma TVs in one thread?

2 Likes

You realize a lot of people get EVs if they have charging at work or at home? Rarely do people get EVs with the intention of sitting at charging stations (Tesla being the exception to that one thu).

I have a plug in hybrid. The number of times I’ve waited for it to be charged ever=0. Because I charge at work. I would have never gotten it otherwise