2020 Infiniti Q50 Red Sport Unsolicited Offer

Good Evening!!

My first time posting, so bear with me on this and be gentle. Just received an offer from the dealer I leased my 2017 Q50 Red Sport from. Feel like I could do a lot better, but want to get your thoughts before I reply. For Options, this is actually what I have remaining after Infiniti covers some of my remaining payments and forgives my disposition fee.

MSRP: $56,415
Discount: $6,000
Options: $1,384
Subtotal: $51,799
Fees: $353
Taxes: $3330 (I live in TX)
MF: .00112
DAS: $2500
Monthly Payment: $691

Well that looks terrible.

Before you reply, you need to go to Edmunds and get RV/MF/incentives for the vehicle so you at least know where you’re starting.

2 Likes

Sorry, the RV is 55% and the MF they gave me is what is shown on Edmunds.

How about incentives? I have a hard time believing Infiniti is offering $0 in incentives/rebates

Got an email from the manager a couple of minutes ago and have an additional $1,000 incentive they can offer me. As well and based on Edmunds, the $6,000 is considered dealer cash…whatever that means. One thing to note, this is them trying to upgrade me when I still have some time left on my current lease.

Please do yourself a favor and look at Bmw 340i deals in the forum. Q50 is extremely dated.

$6k dealer cash means the dealer is charging you full MSRP. They’re offering $0 discount.

This is them trying to fund the company Christmas party entirely at your expense.

Oh, and the manager’s new boat.

5 Likes

So, you’re saying that the dealerships $6K discount should not factor in to anything and go after more…almost treat it like an incentive?

The dealership isn’t giving you any discount.

The dealer is taking the incentives and calling it a discount to make it seem like a good deal.

1 Like

I don’t necessarily disagree with you. But, I have loved my current Red Sport and not totally against getting another one for the right deal.

Gotcha. I appreciate your input.

Nothing wrong with that, but this dealer isn’t offering that.

Thanks for your help. Getting ready to send them a no thank you email but if they have a better deal, I might entertain it type email.

I’d recommend you spend some time sorting out what a good deal should be before talking to them about a better deal

1 Like

That’s the problem, not a whole lot out there to go by. I looked on this website (which I’m so happy to have discovered) and there was one post discussing a 2020 red sport…which is helpful. Edmunds does not have much since the 2020’s just came out a couple of months ago.

You can still find dealers with 2019’s RS400’s — I recently was given a quote for a MSRP $58K 2019 discounted down to $46K and out the door for $469/mo with DAS equal to taxes and fees at $2600 (NJ).

About seven weeks ago I picked up a 2020 Q50RS. Here’ the info from my deal:

MSRP: $59,190
Monthly Payment: $560 inc 9% taxes
Drive-Off Amount: ZERO DAS
Months: 39
Annual Mileage: 12k
MF: .00112
Residual: 55%
Incentives: Originally told $4,400 but when signing over $5,000
Region: CA

What’s the buyout on your current car? The numbers you posted suggest you’ll pay over $28k to lease a new one before sales tax.

If you really love the car, maybe buy the one you have?

Buyouts on q50s tend to be thousands more than market value.

2 Likes

My Q60RS is due to be turned in sometime in March. The buyout was thousands more, about 5-6k more than market value. I decided to just keep it and not payoff the last four payments when getting a '20 Q50RS. I can put 4k more miles and wear and tear on the '17 Q60. Not worth paying 2k now when I can use it and pay the 2k off over four months…and still get the dispo waiver and $500 excess wear and tear waiver…