2020 INFINITI Q50 3.0t LUXE $367/mo - dfw

dear hackers,

any thoughts on this deal? whittled them down from 499/mo, and it helps bc there are tax credits. This also accounts for VPP.

'20 Q50 LUXE
MSRP: 44,165.00
Selling: 34,245.00
Sales Price w/ Adds: 32,745.00

License/reg: 500
Acq Fee: 700
Tax: 0

Residual:
30 mo / 55%
39 mo / 50%
48 mo / 46%

39 mo / 10k miles
Monthly Payment: $367.79
1st Month Down

You need to separate pre-incentive discount. Especially on a Q50 where there are a lot of manufacturer incentives.

Would that be the “Sales price with adds”?

I copied exactly what the sheet they gave me says…

Not sure. Go to Edmunds and ask for RV, MF, and incentives.

.00112 MF and 50% residual
$2700 dealer incentive
$1500 lease bonus

So you have a 12.9% pre-incentive. Normally that would be excellent on something like a Volvo, but I think there is a bit more on Infiniti.

How did you do that calculation?

I’m trying to put the numbers into this bad boy and I somehow have a monthly payment of 345 instead of 367 …

Thanks very much for your help, sir.

How would I approach them to get a better deal? How do you articulate asking for more “pre-incentive”

Tax credits.

This seems to be in line with what @mani_is_kool is offering Florida customers currently before tax, and his deals are pretty legit across the board. Keep in mind that according to him VPP is going away or changing on July 1st, so now might be the time to strike if you like the car and the payment.

Also his deals seem to require MSDs and your quote doesn’t seem to indicate that. Does this dealer do MSDs, and if so would they improve the deal enough to justify putting the deposits down? Just a thought.

There already is a tax credit… the tax field on the worksheet is 0

The dealer says they don’t do MSD’s.

OK… I was pointing out that you’ve essentially matched Mani’s pricing (before tax) on a more expensive car with the tax included (zero with the credit on your case), so on its face that sounds pretty good if you like the car. So you could try to find a dealer who does MSD, but they might not have the tax credit. And VPP is apparently going bye bye in a few days. All things considered if you like the car that doesn’t sound like a bad deal to me, but it’s your call at the end of the day.

Understood. Thanks for your help!

1 Like

You don’t happen to have Infiniti/Nissan loyalty, do you? There may be another $1,000 there if you do.

I sold my Maxima about 10 months ago… been driving my sister’s car who needs it back now (was out of the country). What kind of verification do they do on that?

You could ask if Nissan would qualify you and what they would need. Usually it’s registration. I’m not certain if Nissan qualifies or if it is only for Infiniti returning customers.

1 Like

Nissan doesnt qualify. And yes, loyalty is only applicable if u are returning a current lease. OP deal is very good. Correct, i have been told VPP is being ended this month, defintely take advantage.

1 Like

Talking with dealership about MSD’s. I’m looking at 317/mo, 3600 msd + 1mo down. Hard to pass on this one.

They’re saying that with MSD if the car is totaled they are not refundable… need to research this.

There’s been discussion about this on the forum over the years, including Infiniti customers who did receive their MSD payments back, but it took a long time. Basically in the event of a total loss your insurance company would pay out and then GAP (assuming it is in effect, which I believe Infiniti includes) would cover the rest if there was a shortfall. The deposits that the finance company would be holding should be returned to you since the finance company was made whole via insurance.

Understood. Still unsure about this deal as sales rep told me they had an experience where MSD’s were not refunded upon a total loss. I’m seeing 0% on those new Nissan Sentras that I could own in 3 years with little down and use to trade up… Anyways, I appreciate you guys’ time and responses.