2020 INFINITI Q50 3.0t LUXE $367/mo - dfw

That CVT transmission has a very high failure rate. Maybe go with something like a Civic instead if you are planning on keeping it?

Please donā€™t, I BEG YOU. Altima owner, go with a Toyota or Honda if you plan on owning it at all, for resale value and reliability reasons.

My KBB value on a 20k sticker altima after 5 years is 7k. I got closer to 3k in Carvana adjustment and Iā€™m getting out. A honda will keep itā€™s value, much arguable better, a 5 year old Accord with a similar sticker and miles is selling for more than an altima, normal dealer wise, or carvana.

Iā€™ve owned a Maxima and never had any problems with a CVT. That said I read lots of horror stories. I think Nissan bought the vendor that makes their CVT making it more reliable. Good call on looking into Toyota or Honda. Avalon or TLX also in the running.

Given Nissanā€™s current woes a purchase of one of their products might not be the best choice for resale value. You may not own it after the lease, but a Q50 is gonna be a much better place to be in than a Sentra and it wonā€™t be your problem in a few years either.

Cā€™mon man Iā€™m trying to make a financially responsible decision! :smiley:

Iā€™d me much happier in the q50 as wellā€¦

Well the Sentra is probably the better financial choice if you plan to drive it until it dies. I just wouldnā€™t expect much down the road on a trade, especially if Nissan is in as dire of a predicament as some people are claiming.

1 Like

Regardless of the CVT, the Sentra is just not as fun of a car as something like a Civic or Corolla. The Sentra would probably be cheaper, but much of the value in purchase is going to be lost when you trade it in. You could probably get a good deal if you find an aging unit on a Toyota/Honda dealer lot. Or talk to @derekoh1991, who could help you with Toyota.

3 Likes

My current car is actually a '20 civic that I tookover the lease of for 12 months. Great car. Fun handling just not enough power for my taste. That said, you get it all back in gas mileage.

Reaching out to Derekoh, thanks for the referral.

2 Likes

Thanks, brother!

2 Likes

+1 for Derek, great deals out of his dealer.

1 Like