2020 Hyundai Palisade Limited FWD - 36/15k, $651/mo, $0 DAS

Regardless of features. A 65k+ BMW at 650 a month is still going to drive like a BMW with a well balanced ride, a higher performance engine, and the dealer experience is going to be beyond a Hyundai. Telling somebody you’re spending 650 a month to lease a hyundai, regardless of the trim, is going to get you weird looks.

No doubt the Telluride/Palisades is a good car but it does not drive like a BMW, it will have HUD, ventilated seats, and other comforts that the BMW will not have at that price.

The BMW will take you to 0-60 in low 5s. The Hyundai will be in the 7s. It all comes down to personal preference and if it were me I would be more interested in a BMW for the same price; however, somebody more interested in creature comforts and options would definitely prefer the Hyundai.

4 Likes

which one is which one …

your last point is correct and thats exactly what it depends on. I’d never choose a 3-series over a mid-sized sedan (Camry, Sonata etc) for a daily driver car because I want roomy cabins and large trunk. Its irrelevant what BMW offers, if it doesn’t offer what YOU want at THAT price point.
Honestly, at this point just fed-up of everyone recommending a BMW to anyone to gets anything else.

2 Likes

That’s just apples to watermelons, and it’s pointless.

Someone who wants a stripper BMW would have targeted that from the getgo, and they wouldn’t even be in the market for a Palisade Limited. Who exactly do you think your “advice” in this thread is beneficial for?

1 Like

This is my third Hyundai, I’m more than accustomed to the weird looks. I keep meaning to buy something else, but they’ve treated me well. And if you’re used to a hamburger diet, you don’t know you’re missing out on the ribeye.

This car will be passed to the wife and I’ll buy something I want. The considerations for that purchase will be… less practical.

I am not sure exactly what kind of answer you are looking for here. There was never advice given. What did happen is that I pointed out there are higher end options for $700+ a month lease than a Hyundai but it all comes down to what people are looking for.

After living with the palisade for a while and an s90, the Volvo automated driving isn’t any better. Steering is slightly improved at low speeds, but the palisade acc is tunable, the traffic jam/stop and go control is better, and you can go much longer stretches hands free

1 Like

The only vehicle that BMW sells that is competitive space wise with the palisade is the X7. The X5 is a smaller vehicle with far less space, so it’s a moot point to be price comparing anyway.

As for this specific deal, it’s not bad but not great. Limiteds are going more and more for 7+% off pre-incentive if you can find the right dealer, particularly now that MY21s are starting to hit the lot.

With that said, the MY20 limited is a better deal than the MY21, as they’re adding a higher trim that gets many of the limited features and the limited is being moved down market.

1 Like

Where do you live? Locale can certainly impact deals. Multiple east coast brokers list XC90s at the prices I described but I can see really having trouble in areas with only one Volvo dealer within hundreds of miles.

I’d agree I wouldn’t pay more than this (or even this much) for an XC90. But it becomes much more competitive when you are looking at @nyclifes XC90 T6 inscription with inscription package for $566 a month (plus maybe $50 a month extra due to mileage)

And mine

Pretty awesome deal on the XC90. There’s one local dealer and no other closer than 1.5 hours. Admittedly, I didn’t talk to a broker and probably should have to ensure the best possible deal.

Your point about the MY20 being superior to the '21 is well taken, and when I realized that, it’s one main reason I pulled the trigger now instead of holding out for a better deal. Hyundai has clearly realized they’ve under-priced the market, is implementing a backdoor price increase with the introduction of the Calligraphy trim in '21 and downgrading the Limited trim.

@CapsCup2018 Congrats, that’s an awesome deal, and one I specifically tried to replicate. Dealers were having none of it, though. Either you’re the superior negotiator or they’re really buckling down and squeezing the most out of the limited inventory they can get. In my edited OP I mentioned more than half my dealership’s units sold in July were Palisades. They can’t give sedans away, so they’re maximizing profit on the vehicles in demand.

The flexibility on Palisades is strange. Some dealers are happy to do 8% off pre-incentive, and some are saying that because the MY21 vehicles are here, they’re graciously only charging $2k over MSRP on leftover 20s.

3 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Off Topic Landfill 3