2020 Honda Accord Lease Deal Check ($267/month)

Looking to negotiate my first lease. I had a Honda Accord in my early 20s (10 years ago) but just took an advertised lease deal.

This time, I’ve asked around to 3 local dealers and this is the best offer they’ve given (no negotiation with them so far just back and forth on details).

2020 Honda Accord LX CVT Sedan
MSRP: $24,020
Monthly Payment: $267
Drive-Off Amount: $267
Months: 36
Annual Mileage: 12k
MF: 0.00097
Residual: 58%
Incentives: None
Region: Northeast
Leasehackr Score: 8 Years
Leasehackr Calculator Link: Here

1. Is this a good deal? It’s much better than others I’ve seen in the area.
  2. How should I negotiate a better price? This is the best offer I’ve gotten, but I have not negotiated with this dealer at all yet.

Thanks for the input!

There is no incentive in the calculator!! Are incentives in your area?

I do not qualify for the incentives available today. They have loyalty for Honda owners, military, first responders, and recent graduate. I’m 0 for 4 on that one.

How about the dealer discount?
That should be good for 10% off, or $2,400 off MSRP.

Bear

Not terrible, but I think there is some more room on the LX. Aim for 12-13% off MSRP and check Edmund for RV and MF.

Not a bad deal, but for $267/month I think you could get a nicer vehicle.

2 Likes

What do you think is the nicest vehicle you could get for around $267/month?

Take some time to do some reading and research here. There’s a great leasing 101 section to read through (but ignore the part about the 1% rule) and there are lots of threads to use as reference for target pre-incentive discounts.

Best way to get a good deal is to be educated. Talking numbers with a dealer is for finding a dealer that will do your target deal. It isn’t for finding out how much a far should cost. If you don’t know what the car should cost and what a good deal is prior to talking to a dealer, you’ve set yourself up for failure.

You have no fees in your calculator

Well I did a quick looksie through the deals section and did not really see anything in your price range that stood out. I have been out of the lease market since December so maybe your deal is better than I thought. What are you driving now? Do you qualify for any other incentives?

I’m not OP, I was just asking because 2k down and $267/month is exactly the range I have been looking at too. I do not really qualify for any incentives, it would be my first lease.

Solid deal, anything else is gonna come from the dealer discount. Maybe get on the phone with the desk manager and see what they can do to get you in to sign, this is usually the last thing I do and is good for $0 to a couple hundred more off if you commit to coming in that day.

Just my 2 cents, but I would pay a few bucks more for the Sport and get apple carplay. To me it’s worth it, others might not agree, but I use it everyday, or at least the days I drive thanks to stay at home orders.

Personally I’d go with a 2020 Acura TLX over a Honda Accord LX, oh- and it would be cheaper too! https://leasehackr.com/calculator?make=Acura&miles=10000&msd=0&msrp=34025&sales_price=25618&months=24&mf=.00078&dp=0&dealer_fee=504.85&acq_fee=595&taxed_inc=1250&untaxed_inc=0&rebate=0&resP=57&reg_fee=325&sales_tax=6.625&demo_mileage=0&memo=&acqFee_check=true&totalLeaseTax_radio=true

I got a Giulia, 45k MSRP for $260/mo a couple months ago.

2 Likes

Which dealer/broker is doing that? My local Acura was not getting near that

That is an amazing deal. Do you remember who you got it from? That is a much nicer car than I’ve been looking at

I’ll PM the dealer. If you find any 2019s left , you have just a couple days left as they lose lease support soon.

1 Like

Although Hondas don’t normally lease well, given that they don’t offer much in incentives, if I were OP I wouldn’t go with an outdated Acura model. The infotainment system in the TLX is terrible.

The Accord was redesigned for MY 2018 so it is a newer model. With the Accord, you won’t have to worry about premium gas and maybe a cheaper insurance premium (depending on your location and driving record).

I do agree with the above statement. Good luck @buzzsaw.

It’s way better than the Accord LX…

1 Like

Park Avenue Acura, New Rochelle, NJ Here is the full link and you can PM if you want the salesperson’s direct mobile number. He works via text messaging- and as you can see, very aggressive with pricing. APRIL DEAL ~NO BROKER FEE~ NEW ACURA MDX $361 RDX $352 - 24 month TLX! $241 + tax/fees -Special first responder rebates!