2020 F150 XLT Lease (Good or Bad?)

Good luck, if you have anymore question you can PM.

Thank you once again for all your time, and help. Very much appreciated.

Am I on the internet right now? A forum thread where someone asks for help and gets it - with detailed information and guidance on how to accomplish what they want? Twilight zone!

Seriously, what a great forum.

4 Likes

Christ! For an XLT? Cray-Cray.

I donā€™t care what the numbers are. Donā€™t ever. EVER! pay more than $400/month for an XLT of any kind.

I mean mercedes, bmw, and Audi have their own issues. Only vehicle I would probably drive out of warranty is a honda or toyota. GM has had its fair share of problems and Fca formerly chrysler isnā€™t innocent either. The point was unless your a ford master tech, owned one of these, or even had somebody you know own one then you canā€™t say anythingā€¦ you can always state your opinion but at the end of the day itā€™s a baseless opinion unless you have the research or experience to back it up.

Oh and the discussion here was about f150ā€™s not Tahoeā€™s and expedition. Ford is King in the pickup truck world, thatā€™s where most r&d money goes.

1 Like

it looks like your money factor is marked up at 4.9% as well. Pretty sure base mf is somewhere between 1.25 and 3.75%

Without knowing their zip no way of knowing. That may be true in your region, not theirs. Iā€™m in Texas and for my zip 4.9% is base MF for that trim and term

That is the correct APR listed on the quote for my Zip code

yikes then! didnā€™t know the apr was that brutal, I did a lease about 18 months ago and it was 1.25% on east coast.

That mf is killing your deal, probably adds $100ish to your monthly

Yeah, and as Jflores14 was telling me, here in TX we pay the tax on the whole value of the vehicle.

tax is tax, I wouldnā€™t compare monthly payments from one state to another, I would compare pre-tax payments. There are some states with 0 sales tax and some with 6.25% on sales price, it is what it is. I honestly think $500/mo should get you into a well equipped xlt. I would aim for 10k-15k off sticker + incentives, also you should use cars.com, cargurus, etc etc and search for the lowest priced vehicles, you might have to go to Oklahoma for example but if you can shave $200/mo off what you have now itā€™s worth it.

Iā€™m doing that at the moment. I now have 3 dealers Iā€™m texting with.

You will not get $10k-$15k off sticker before incentives. Typically 13-15% off blue box sticker on Ford trucks is possible in Texas. Currently there arenā€™t too many incentives on 2020 F-150s.

Look into dealer inventory thatā€™s over 60 days on the lot. Those vehicles have an extra ā€œSelect Inventory incentiveā€

gotta shop outside of texas then, 10-15k off sticker on an xlt is more than possible.

Incentives should be coming, if @Saved_One can wait a few months ford will be announcing the 2021 model refresh(june? Detroit auto show?) and then it will be a race to get rid of the 2020s as fast as possible.

edit: maybe even go for a 2019, thereā€™s no major updates from 2019 to 2020.

Show me a Sales or Lease contract that has a $12k-$15k dealer discount off Blue Box Sticker on a 2020 F150 XLT and I will Venmo you $100. With Incentives yes its possible for Purchaseā€¦

you can do it on a 2019ā€¦ which is essentially a 2020ā€¦ thereā€™s been 0 significant changes from model year 2018 to 2020. Whatā€™s the rush to get a 2020ā€¦ thereā€™s still support on 19s.

Even if you include 2019, I stick with my original statment that itā€™s not possible on a new vehicle for that kind of dealer discount. With incentives itā€™s totally possible.

I think you can do 10k in the midwest, maybe not texas per se, once in a while on the east coast you find a dealer wanting to get rid of an oddly specā€™d xlt for 13-15k straight up dealer discount. But 10-15k is what I would consider an extremely good deal.(out of the norm I guess would be better said) I got 11k off a plat pre incentives which was considered unheard of by many on the f150 forums and dealers in general.