2020 F-150, lease.. Good deal? MA

This is the only truck with everything I want in it in the area. Thy price is including excise tax. I just want to know what my next step should be in getting the best deal… I am also a veteran if that helps anything out at all I don’t know…

Have you gotten rv/mf/incentives from edmunds?

Before people comment, Ford includes excise tax (property tax) in their lease payments for MA.

Its the only captive I am aware of that does this.

1 Like

I have not… I’m waiting now.

rate-1.67
Residual-59%

What’d they say about incentives?

Yes it sucks for someone who takes over in a non excise tax state. Happened to me (transferred to nj)

1 Like

So what’s the total payment?

Total payment would be $572/mo with $1800 down… I’m working with them and I think it will go down a little bit but I want to be sure it’s the best deal possible

at 56k sticker I would not be buying an xlt… lariat would be the better option here, probably a bit more room in dealer discount. But keep in mind with the xlt you miss out on stuff like push to start, blis w/trailer, cooled seats, Leather etc

At $520 a month a 56k xlt is not a bad deal but you can get more bang for your buck. You also need to find out if you are getting base money factor. You can also use NADA to build a truck to that exact spec and find the invoice. You will want to be below invoice before the $2500 lease incentive kicks in.

1 Like

Base payment is 480

Does Ford still use that kooky formula to calculate leases that makes the payments about $30 a month higher than if you calculated it like a normal lease? I remember it had this LEV that they attributed to a car and then something else…it was just strange.

And, @Trato, their people know NOTHING about taxes in the tax department. I was arguing with them for months when I moved back to NY and was leasing a Fusion. I said that legally, they could not charge the tax because it was going nowhere. The city or town assesses the tax in MA, and the city sent a refund to Ford, not to me, and Ford was still charging me. It was a nightmare.

I am in the MA excise nightmare. Volvo still charging me excise tax for a volvo I turned in two tears ago

1 Like

I know it’s in base lariat territory, but a comparable lariat would be 8-10k more. And yes ford roles excise tax into the lease which in this case adds $60 to the monthly payment which is included in the $570.

I had the same thing happen on the last Audi I turned in. MA came at me for taxes almost a year later. What annoyed me most was that Audi just passed along the bill and after 5 minutes on the phone they recognized it was wrong and poof, gone.

1 Like

I still havent received an excise tax bill for the Tundra I leased through Ally August 2018…

Win some, lose some

I meant all in before excise tax it’s decent payment. but yeah $480 base is a bit on the higher side but it is a 56k spec to be fair.

not 8-10k more that’s platinum territory, not even a base lariat you can get 502A for 57-60k msrp which includes the led headlights that are about 1000x better than the halogen lighting. Keep in mind the 502a’s and up also include remote factory start as well as Ford pass so you can get the truck started from anywhere in the world… its a must have in the north east. What kind of options are you looking for? did you try cargurus? the Maryland Virginia areas usually advertise heavily off MSRP.

I’ve only been searching within a 50mile radius. But I’m looking for a supercrew, 302a or 502a with locking diff and 3.5eb with sport or black out package…