2020 Explorer ST Lease - Advice

After my last experience with domestic and vanilla brands, it’s simply amazing what a world of difference it makes when you move up in the automotive world. Even Cadillac dealers could learn a thing or two from your average Lexus or BMW shop regarding dealership experience.

2 Likes

No place that I enjoyed. Two overall good cars, awful service experiences at multiple dealers, but it’s gone now and my hush money payment is otw.

are you coming off a lease or have a car to trade in?

I won’t be trading in a car, and I have another current lease. But won’t be coming off it.

I would think twice before paying $500 for this car…not even talking about $800.

2 Likes

Just got quoted by another dealer, same MSRP, residual, mf, $0 down, $700/month tax-in.

Obviously still overpriced, however, moving in the right direction.

Dealer in SoFla asked $875…

1 Like

Not surprising at all considering it isn’t a competitive market AT ALL (as I said in an earlier post)

1 Like

Here in MD they ask $950/mo for this car. $700 is better, but for that price you can get a Q5 and a Q50 3.0T :slight_smile: 2 cars, one Explorer payment.

2 Likes

Are we talking about a Ford Exploder???

1 Like

$800 is a Hard No on an explorer… if you use the search function people have gotten $75k Expedition platinums for under $800. Even high $6xx were possible in the past on Expedition.

1 Like

Back to the legit portion of this discussion, the ST is also on our current list of options (I’ll only lease a Ford if I KNOW I’m keeping it for the full term), but it is indeed too expensive right now. It’ll come down, not by much, in several months.

I think that they won’t be giving huge discounts for a good long while, because they likely won’t have to.

Not many options for a 3 row SUV that is low drama in the maintenance aspect and also drives like this beast.

Not worth leasing right now then.

1 Like

This is a niche model. I doubt it will ever lease well versus, say, an XLT or Limited.

Land Rover Discovery

I doubt it will lease well at all…
Guess it will be mostly rentals and government fleet.

For every $900 Honda Pilot, there is a similar person who will only buy American and won’t question $800+ on a pretty/faster Explorer. Their niche isn’t on LH, they drive past, see it on the ramp the Mustang GT isn’t on in the opposite corner, and impulse buy it. They won’t sell as many as F150s but whoever sells it that month will laugh all the way to the bank.

Why do you need a $900 Pilot? You can get an MDX for 400ish.

1 Like

You missed the (not so) inside joke

For every (this guy) there is someone like him…

2 Likes

Slightly off topic but check out Doug Demuro’s Aviator review. Interior, especially seats look awesome. I would think it would not be much more expensive for a much better vehicle.

2 Likes

Amen to that. Service experience differs within the same brand too. I have so many good things to say about Crevier ( Penske owned) but BMW of Riverside experience is simply inferior.

2 Likes