2020 Discovery Sport S Lease Check

I have an Evoque now (2017 model), and so far it only needed oil change (yearly), and tire rotation (yearly).

thanks, thats good to know. what other maintenance could come up that would be costly? i thought everything other than oil changes and tire changes would be covered by the 3 year warranty (aka would not need to worry about it).

i dont think oil changes would cost 600 a year but, i dont know.

thanks @Fastrack. how much has that cost you (on avg) per year?

I buy the OEM oil and filter from Amazon when they are on sale, and I change them at home, so it only costs about $30 a year. I also rotate tires at home, and switch summer <-> winter tires.

(I detail my cars, and I just don’t trust dealers touching them - that’s why I do maintenance at home myself)

Why don’t you do some basic googling on what the scheduled maintenance is?

It’s an oil change and service/yr

About $200-250 at dealer

1 Like

i did some googling and i did ask my dealer who quite frankly was not very transparent about it. however i was surprised to see that the costs were around 600 dollars for oil change. so wanted to come here and verify since i trust the info here much more than i do from other random google resources. the 250 seems more in line with what i had in mind, so thank you @Bostoncarconcierge.

i dont understand why everyone on this forum is so snarky when someone who isnt so well versed in the world of cars and leasing has a question.

1 Like

$600?

I hope you’re getting a little more than an oil change and annual service if ya know what I mean

I’ve seen one dealer do $400 and another $250

That’s for a full size disco which I assume takes more oil and has a more complex, air ride suspension.

I’m snarky too! I just had a quick answer :slight_smile:

Yes, I’m saying it is completely unreasonable. JLR doesn’t do big discounts. They’re paying you over $4,000 to take the car by my math.

LR is boutique at best, much more (no offense Ethan) uptight than a normal luxury car say a normal bimmer or Audi, with prestige and clientele rivaled by few to the likes of Porsche. Are you stuck on this one car? Any other loaners you have an interest in, potentially one that’s been on the lot longer, etc?

Also 600? Jesus. Might need to go somewhere else for service?

For the memes, sorry.

no, absolutely not stuck on this one car. i like the discovery but its not my dream car or anything. totally fine any of the other competitors. i did a nationwide search and this was on the low end of the spectrum for discoverys which is why i took an interest in it. i like it a lot, but i dont LOVE it aka why im not willing to pay the $340 they are asking for.

im gonna keep searching i think (unless they come back tomorrow and say that they will take the 310 lol). also doesn’t help that im not in a rush to close… this makes me much less committal on a car lol

What competes with it around the same price that you’re going to look at?

Serious question

This is the second thread in 2 days where people have great deals in hand w no intention to buy. The Texas M340 is the other one.

Seeeeee ^^^^ told you I can be snarky

1 Like

But seriously what’s more interesting and nice for this price?

hahaha, other issue with this is that i am located in FL, and would need to ship the car which will cost another 600-1K. its really that + the maintenance (again, this is my fault for not doing research, i was convinced it would be included like it is for BMW) which is holding me back since it was a bit of a surprise. i guess im looking for a unicorn deal, and again not having a strict timeline to buy is hurting me since in the back of my mind im always thinking “well if i wait something better will come along”

maybe im not understanding the value of the deal i have in hand since its the first time im exploring leasing a discovery.

wrt other options… ive gotten close to a couple X1s locally but again they had a lower MSRP so maybe not an apples to apples comparison. im just trying to weight my options. I’m also in talks about an X3 loaner right now 25 mins from my house that is heavily discounted so if that works i’d be more inclined to take that.

if this deal were in FL i would have probably already signed… i do have an intention to buy, im just a tad hesitant to pull the trigger that is all.

Another unicorn 340?

Drifting a fwd v60?

Post that x3, we’d love to help, if you promise to full send.

Unrelated note,

does anyone know how LR calculates RV? LH calc doesn’t adjust for miles automatically so was wondering what the RV of a car im eyeing is if it has about 5K miles on it? I’m sure there is a mathematical formula but i cant seem to find it… is it something like 30c a mile?

Anything over 300 miles is full mileage penalty.

If MSRP is under 50k - 15c per mile

If MSRP is over 50k - 30c per mile

1 Like

@ethanjlr so… if for example, MSRP is 48000 and the car has 5300 miles, .15*(5300-300) = 750, this reduces the RV of the car by 750 bucks? Aka if the base RV for my lease term is 59%, is the adjusted residual value 57.43%?

Doesn’t effect RV. It is rolled out of gross / charged against the deal.

sorry, but i dont think im following? so when i use the LH calculator, i dont need to adjust the RV for mileage? do i need to do anything else?