2020 Chevy Bolt Premier, $44425 MSRP One pay $6862 (after NJ 5000$ rebate, $1862)

The same way like charging Bolt at home. Unfortunetly right now with low fuel prices on Long island it is more expensive to drive on electric than on gasoline.

3 Likes

During the talk about deal, I brought up insurance and other charges compared to maxima, and sales guys remarks were that Bolt would cost me less to maintain and keep which is true apart from insurance. I am going to check other insurance companies to if I can get a better deal.

After the sale, even the sales guy said insurance is highā€¦lol

1 Like

Lol I dont have a charger at home. I have a lot of EV chargers in my town though, like almost 10 public. Most chargers are 7.2kwh. It is a fairly small town.

There is a DC fast charger next costco around. I will try it to see how fast it charges are the car.

Ok thatā€™s just a salesman being a salesmanā€¦ trying to highlight how the deal may save you money.

Just because someone disproves his argument doesnā€™t mean he will turn around and say ā€œOK let me discount the car more because your insurance went upā€

2 Likes

As do Iā€¦

No I donā€™t think they will do much, but it doesnā€™t hurt to try.

We had talked about insurance costs pretty extensively in another one of the bolt threads. The range of data points Iā€™ve collected suggest insurances costs for the Bolt between $400-$550 per 6mo. With your data point of $665 you now own the top sample in the rage. I get to relinquish the crown as previous most expensive to insure.

This should be a major consideration for anyone looking to buy an EV. Although the government is subsidizing the vehicle, the insurance companies are overcharging on insurance. This is true of just about any EV on the market.

1 Like

Hi ,
Can you tell me your dealer name? I am in N.J. and interested

Check message

Hello, love to get the dealer name as well . Thanks

Message sent

If possible can you message me dealer info as well. thank you

Iā€™d like that information as well:)

Can you guys make it clear: one pay lease $6,934 and then you get a rebate form the state for $5,000? how is that possible? I think this rebate goes to the dealer because they are the ones who actually bought the car and you are just leasing itā€¦

Also regarding insurance cost, this also shows how safe the car is, how likely you are getting injured. So the higher the cost the less safe vehicle isā€¦

In New Jersey the rebate goes to the consumer after the sale, purchase or lease. This will eventually change to a dealer applied model, but that hasnā€™t happened yet.

1 Like

EVā€™s are not SVT Mustangs being driven by 19-yr olds. The higher cost is due in large part to the repair and replacement costs, and are an entire risk profile of their own. Using Tesla as an example, itā€™s safety ratings have the lowest probability of injury around; yet one major cost factor are the very high repair and replacement costs. Iā€™m oversimplifying and generalizing of course, but you get my point.

In any case, EVā€™s are not for everyone and anyone looking to get into one just needs to do their due diligence.

1 Like

Information send.

You got it.

I am not too worried about insurance cost. I will take paying roughly 200$ a month vs 480 a month for my old car. I just found it interesting that it was much higher for Bolt.

Yes, that is what I found from research, having a certain car can raise premiums a lot higher than others. Even though most family cars are pretty safe.
EVs are still new concept to repair market, so that raises the price as well.

1 Like